PDA

View Full Version : How long does Adobe take to post out CS3 upgrades

AUSMUG
19th May 2007, 04:58 PM
Last month I bought CS2 Premium + Studio 8 bundle due to the advertised free upgrade to CS3. I filled out the accompanying upgrade form when it arrived but was unsure about what to put in some of the fields. I rang the supplied support number for Adobe a number of times which sent me to some Indian call center. The staff at this center claimed they new nothing about the upgrade process and said just fill out what you think should go in the fields because they just didn't know the answers to my questions.

It has now been 2-3 weeks since posting the upgrade request forms yet I have not received anything yet. I thought I would ring Adobe at North Ryde to try and get some answers only to find that the one phone number listed was exactly the same number that goes to this Indian call center.

How can it be a company as large as Adobe is so tight that they can't afford to have a phone at their North Ryde headquarters?

Has anyone else upgrading actually received their new upgrade disks yet and if so how long did it take to be delivered?

SyncMan
19th May 2007, 05:10 PM
Greg, if you are still having problems next week on this front let me know by PM and then via email, as I have some contacts to try. (If I can help, it must be tracked by email.)

AUSMUG
19th May 2007, 05:17 PM
Thanks SyncMan, if I can't get any answers I may take you up on your offer for help. First though I have decided that if it is not here before Tuesday I am going to drive to their North Ryde headquarters and try and get an answer from the source. That is unless they have some security staff that won't even let me into the building.

admiral31
19th May 2007, 05:26 PM
I am in the exact same boat! I bought CS2 standard, with the free upgrade to CS3. Called the number, lady said she would email out the upgrade form (which I already had from a reseller), but I never got the email. I filled it out and sent it to APTechnician@adobesupport.com on the 11th of May, and have heard nothing. They could at least send out a confirmation email saying the request is being processed or something.

decryption
19th May 2007, 05:26 PM
That is unless they have some security staff that won't even let me into the building.

I'd guess this is the case :(
Have you called up the Indian call center? They may actually be able to help you (maybe :p)

SyncMan
19th May 2007, 06:37 PM
First though I have decided that if it is not here before Tuesday I am going to drive to their North Ryde headquarters and try and get an answer from the source.

I really would not do that.

The thing is that since these forums are not open I can't email the guy I know and ask him to look into it.

So I have to get it all done via official email.

AUSMUG
22nd May 2007, 07:07 PM
Things are going downhill quickly in my attempts to get the free upgrade to CS3.

Today I rang up Adobe Support to try and find out what is happening only to be told there was no record of my upgrade application. Eventually it was discovered that the mail address to send it to at North Ryde printed on the form had ceased being used and no mail was being processed sent to that address and even though I had a return address on the envelope Australia Post had not sent it back.

It seems that now all mail has to be directed to some address in Manilla.

This time I decided to resend it via fax instead after having that option recommended as the best solution by Adobe support. Again the fax number supplied on the original upgrade form was completely wrong and the new fax number to use was 00116326368534. I was also told it would take up to 8 weeks for the form to be processed.

I then went up to the local newsagent to send the form by fax only to be told that they wouldn't let me send it because it was an international number. I'm going to see if Australia Post will send it to an international number but if not I was told by Adobe Support that there was nothing they could do and I would be unable to get the upgrade. This means even if Australia Post does accept it I will find that with the 3 weeks I have already waited plus the 8 weeks they have stated for processing now that the total time to get this processed will be close to 3 months. How pathetic is that.:thumbdn:

SyncMan
23rd May 2007, 02:08 AM
Noted.

Dubhousing
23rd May 2007, 07:00 AM
I sent out 2 upgrade reqiest forms for work CS2-3 upgrades. I had to negotiate eligibility on the phone to the Manilla call centre where they made it seem they were granting me a personal favour.

After sending the form to APTTechnician@... I got a confirmation of receipt several weeks later with a promise the upgrades would be sent out in about 8 weeks.

leon
23rd May 2007, 09:09 AM
I bought Adobe Creative Suite 2.0 in August last year. I was entitled to the free upgrade to Creative Suite 2.3. I filled in the form and set it off. I am still waiting almost 9 months later. I have sent numerous emails which up until February were responded to quickly. Now I hear nothing. I rang Adobe customer support last week and spoke to someone in an offshore call-centre. I expressed my disgust at being treated this way and asked if instead of 2.3 whether or not they could upgrade me to 3.0 as it has taken so long for them to do anything. She refused to upgrade me to CS3 and required that I resend all of my information again. After doing so I still have not received any responses from her confirming that she has received my details.

I think that this is extremely poor from Adobe, which is a company that supplies professional software to professional people.

admiral31
23rd May 2007, 09:28 AM
This is simply not good enough. This is my first purchase of Adobe software, and if I had known the hassles I would have, I would not have bothered with getting CS2, and just purchased CS3 when it came out. Surely Adobe can handle these things in Australia?

leon
23rd May 2007, 10:10 AM
I have been trying to contact someone who works for Adobe within Australia , but I only get directed to the International calling centre. I have sent a request to aptechnician@adobesupport.com for an Australian number but just keep getting the run around. Does anyone know of someone in Australia who can sort these type of issues out. I have written an open letter to Adobe Services and faxed it along with yet another claim form, but this whole process is useless.

Someone should Digg this, then maybe Adobe might get their act together.

[MREVO8]
23rd May 2007, 10:21 AM
Adobe is bloody useless. I ordered the Creative Suite 2.3 download from them once, and it took ages for them to sort out their shit... and it still wasn't available for download a month and a half later. They said they could change my order to the physical version, but I'd have to pay something like $60 extra.

I cancelled the order and got it from Harris Technology for cheaper, and delivered the next day.

However, with Creative Suite 3... I ordered the download and got it straight away.

rocketxr
23rd May 2007, 11:43 AM
I have just received an email reply from Adobe Pacific Service that may answer some of your questions about time frame:

We will have your application enrolled since the Releasing of Upgrade Package has not officially started. As soon as it releases, your application will be automatically processed. Expected date of release is around mid-June.
Should you have any questions, please feel free to write us back, kindly include your case number and my name on the subject field so that we can assist you immediately.

SyncMan
23rd May 2007, 03:02 PM
Does anyone know of someone in Australia who can sort these type of issues out.

Maybe! I need you to PM me your details, email, include your problem written nicely.

If I don't get a PM, then I assume you just want a whinge.

No PM, no action.

leon
24th May 2007, 10:58 AM
PM sent

leon
28th May 2007, 10:51 AM
As of late Friday afternoon, Adobe Australia have taken care of the situation for me, so all is right.

SyncMan
28th May 2007, 12:58 PM
As of late Friday afternoon, Adobe Australia have taken care of the situation for me, so all is right.

Leon, can you please PM me again, as I have Adobe support ringing and leaving a message for me on your problem, don't know how they got my number, and why I am being called, as I did all the helping via PM and email, and I am not you, so I need to really know if this matter is closed.

rocketxr
30th July 2007, 06:57 PM
AT LAST!!!
My upgrade for CS3 has arrived, opened the box, ripped the plastic off to start the install and then noticed UPGRADE - WINDOWS!!!!!
Here we go again.....