PDA

View Full Version : LameLib in Audacity

sharpy
17th May 2007, 09:57 AM
Dear guys,

I want to export an aup file as an mp3 from audacity. I've downloaded LameLib mp3 encoder and now i'm completely lost. non of the applications within the zip file open and I can't locate the specific file in order to convert to mp3.

Can anyone help?

Cheers

vargz
17th May 2007, 10:50 AM
I tried this the other day for the first time. I simply unzipped the Lamelib zip contents to my desktop. When you go to export your MP3 from Audacity, simply point it to the Lamelib file on your desktop when prompted and it'll start encoding. Easy :)

Botox
17th May 2007, 11:19 AM
Not a bad idea to put the unzipped file in a sensible place first. I placed it in the main Audacity folder in Applications.

crystallynnshirey
25th January 2009, 03:59 AM
Hi!
Im trying to get audacity to save files as MP3 for a class and I downloaded LameLib but when I locate it on the disk to show the program where it is it tells me that it was looking for a library named LameLib not libmp3lame.dylib. Any ideas? I placed it in the main audacity folder in applications and everything.

Rowley
12th March 2009, 02:35 AM
Sharpy & Crystal... I had the same problem you describe, and none of the answers given here were helpful. They, in fact, do not seem to understand what the problem is.

I solved it by going back to the downloads page and downloading the Carbon version of the file, instead of the one that the directions seemed to indicate that I needed. The directions made me end up with a file that was named "libmp3lame.dylib" but Audacity could not recognize it and seemed to be looking specifically for a file named "LameLib". (For the record, I am using Audacity 1.2.6, but since my problem is exactly as you described, my fix might work for you as well.)

One other important point: After I had unstuffed the LameLib download and placed it in the Audacity folder (since this wasn't an automatic installation), Audacity could find it but it appeared as a grayed-out file and Audacity could not select it. After I restarted Audacity, it was happy to accept this file. I've restarted and exported since then, and Audacity remembers to use this file.

chsmall
3rd October 2010, 02:51 AM
Delighted to find this thread, and hoping you're all still around 6 months later ;-)
I have the right lamelib download, in the Audacity folder, and have the same greyed-out-hence-unavailable problem. Quitting and restarting Audacity doesn't help. Frustrating! Suggestions? Many TIA. Ch.S.

csciolla
3rd April 2011, 05:55 AM
[I solved it by going back to the downloads page and downloading the Carbon version of the file, ...]

Thank for the advise to install "LameLib carbon version". I use it without problems.