PDA

View Full Version : All iPods have dropped in price!!

jeloz
16th May 2007, 09:19 AM
not sure if anyone noticed last night- all ipods have dropped in price

2GB NANO - $199
4GB NANO - $279
8GB NANO - $349

SHUFFLE $109

30GB VID - $349
80GB VID - $479

Cheaper at FREQ :)

Jeloz

STK
16th May 2007, 09:25 AM
What did they used to be? *goes and buys ipod*

how much cheaper at freq?

jeloz
16th May 2007, 09:35 AM
What did they used to be? *goes and buys ipod*

how much cheaper at freq?

Always cheaper at FREQ - website will be updated soon

Jeloz

iSlayer
16th May 2007, 11:09 AM
Old prices were...
$219 for 2gb nano
$119 for shuffle
$380 for iPod video

Pretty decent drop

Tiprya
16th May 2007, 11:20 AM
Why did the 30gb Video drop by $30

But the 80gb by only $20?

Makes no sense to me, obviously they wanted the 30 at the round number of $350

Johnny Appleseed
16th May 2007, 01:40 PM
Have any Macs besides the MacBooks dropped too? And is it all due to the strong $A?

zillatron
16th May 2007, 01:56 PM
Perhaps that was the update that caused the second 'we'll be back' showing last night?

Z

iSlayer
16th May 2007, 02:10 PM
Perhaps that was the update that caused the second 'we'll be back' showing last night?

Nah i think the servers were just not able to handle the traffic. Even when the store was up for a while it was extreamly slow.

HarbieBoys
17th May 2007, 02:21 AM
After slack service at the old Taylor Square, someone put me on to Frequency. Tends not to filled with peoplw who just want to play. Open Saturdays and Sundays, which is a blesing for working people. Can't really imaging going elsewhere...

xfodder
17th May 2007, 03:05 AM
the 30gb video and the 8gb nano are now the same price ... why would you bother with the 8gb ?

seems like apple is trying to clear the current stock ...

<edit> hmmmm i think those two were always the same price ... man im blonde </edit>

Galumay
17th May 2007, 04:54 AM
Can't really imaging going elsewhere...

exactly! Frequency is the reseller of choice. i travel from the wilds of arnhem land to buy all my mac gear from jeremy & co.

just bought an 80Gb iPod a couple of weeks ago too! no matter, $20 isnt going to change my life.

aswitcher
17th May 2007, 06:36 AM
New iPods not far off methinks

iSlayer
17th May 2007, 09:31 AM
New iPods not far off methinks

you would hope so. well overdue

DJY
17th May 2007, 09:59 PM
Now that is something that I definitely would be tempted with...
a new iPod!

My 40G 2nd gen black and white screen iPod died ages ago (think it was a battery issue) and whilst my white Nano is nice... I'm soooo overdue for a new toy!

aswitcher
17th May 2007, 10:27 PM
I want wireless headphones. Its the most annoying thing about the current ipods for me - and yet I dont see it happening soon as Apple just release a new add where the wires are again prominent.

Febs
17th May 2007, 10:29 PM
why would you bother with the 8gb ?

Because it's small, solid-state and you can use the Nike kit with it? :confused:

I had a 40gb iPod for years. Always had about 13gb of music on it - some of it crap.

I sat down one day, pulled out the crap I never listen to, and got my collection to 7ish gb. Then I sold the 40gb and bought an 8gb Nano (and Nike kit). Best move I ever made. :)

To me, it's more like "Why would I bother with a chunky, battery-sucking iPod with extra space I'm not going to use?"

/$0.02.

smilne360
19th May 2007, 11:32 AM
just saw it in the paper....

theyve dropped the price on all of the range, so im doubtful to a new one being released they arent gonna change the whole range at once?

but that said a new model might acctauly tempt me to one...

Woodman
20th June 2007, 08:30 PM
I'm about to buy a new ipod as my old 20G touch wheel has finally given up the ghost. Does anyone know if a new gen ipod is coming, as the last thing I want to do is buy a new one this week and have a new release in a few months. Any info is greatly appreciated. cheers.

MrJesseRoss
20th June 2007, 08:47 PM
No. we don't.

Woodman
20th June 2007, 08:51 PM
Thanks for the quick reply. I asked same question at the Next Byte shop today and they mentioned that there was some launch in October but at this stage didn't know what was being launched. Thought someone on here might know. Thanks anyway.

stama
20th June 2007, 09:03 PM
it's good they're more in line with the competition out in the market place now!

Razer
20th June 2007, 09:12 PM
Ipods are listed as 'indefinitely restricted' at jb hifi at the moment.. Don't know what it means exactly but it is a bit strange.

stama
20th June 2007, 09:15 PM
maybe they have sold out and wont/cant order any new stock until an upgrage???

i dunno

stama
20th June 2007, 09:16 PM
but interesting nonetheless!

bartron
20th June 2007, 09:20 PM
re-furb nano's are still going for $199. I dare say they will come down (why buy a re-furb when you can get a new one for the same price).

4gb Mini's are $119 if you don't care for the latest and greatest. I must say I find it hard to listen to 4gb worth of music (I have 35gb on my computer but that's easy as it's on permanent shuffle)

edit:...check that...it's $199 for a 4gb gen1 nano, $149 for 2gb....my bad

Bartron

stama
20th June 2007, 09:26 PM
can u select tracks on a mini or is it random?

spilla
20th June 2007, 09:29 PM
can u select tracks on a mini or is it random?

Just think of it as a iPod nano, but thicker, more fragile, and no colour screen. :) So yes, you can choose the song.

stama
20th June 2007, 09:49 PM
awesome... not a fan of the 'shuffle'!

birdseed
20th June 2007, 10:50 PM
The shuffle is only 'random' if you set it to be. It will only fill randomly if you want it to, and it will only play randomly when you set it to.

Shuffles rock. They take up such a little space, and play for hours and hours.

ethania05
21st June 2007, 12:27 AM
Not likely releasing a new ipod this year.

Seems like Apple would want as many to buy their iphone before they release anything new like just an "ipod touchscreen" of some sort.

I would be surprised if they did. But cant wait until that thing arrives. :)

stama
21st June 2007, 09:05 PM
The shuffle is only 'random' if you set it to be. It will only fill randomly if you want it to, and it will only play randomly when you set it to.

Shuffles rock. They take up such a little space, and play for hours and hours.

ah ok, i thought it would only play randomly.

Can you skip, forward and back though? ie. if you dont play randomly, does it just play in the order the tunes were copied?

aswitcher
21st June 2007, 09:07 PM
not sure if anyone noticed last night- all ipods have dropped in price

2GB NANO - $199
4GB NANO - $279
8GB NANO - $349

SHUFFLE $109

30GB VID - $349
80GB VID - $479

Cheaper at FREQ :)

Jeloz

Lots of refurbs on the Apple site today...maybe the new iPods wont be far behind the iPhone. Maybe Apple will bring them out because their phone supply wont be anywhere near demand

vicmeldrew
23rd June 2007, 10:32 AM
ah ok, i thought it would only play randomly.

Can you skip, forward and back though? ie. if you dont play randomly, does it just play in the order the tunes were copied?

I agree the ipod shuffle is great. I got a refurbished 1st gen one at the applestore for $59. They reputably have the best sound of all the ipod including the 2nd gen Shuffles.

I put my new music on there and don't have to worry about changing albums all day. It was a bit frustrating at first getting them to play in the order i wanted but I think i have worked it out. The ipod and itune windows (in browser mode with a particular album[s]) selected both have to have the numerical field, to the left, checked when you transfer them manually.

Its a bit of a hassle because i have to reload the ipod each day but the convenience of having the thing so small is worth it. I can be a bit frustrating though trying to work out who is playing at a particular time. But it is also a good way of making sure I listen to the more neglected parts of my library.