PDA

View Full Version : AVI/DIVX Sound Adjustment

cosmichobo
14th May 2007, 09:19 PM
G'day,

So, say I had an AVI movie file, and the sound was out of sync...

If I try "fix" it using Quicktime, it converts it to mov, which takes hours... [well, a long time anyways on my 1.25Ghz eMac]

VLC only plays, doesn't edit...

What's the easiest way to fix this problem?

cheers

cosmic

purana
14th May 2007, 09:22 PM
When playing the movie via VLC, use the F and G keys to adjust the audio delay forward or backward, to find the perfect spot (then watch it in sync).

cosmichobo
14th May 2007, 09:29 PM
:) Now there's a nice easy answer!

Thanks! Have fixed it up. Wish Quicktime was that thoughtful.

purana
14th May 2007, 09:30 PM
To fix permanently, then it's a little more difficult and requires tools like ffmpegx (and don't ask me how to do it, can't say I have done it).

DJY
14th May 2007, 09:59 PM
When playing the movie via VLC, use the F and G keys to adjust the audio delay forward or backward, to find the perfect spot (then watch it in sync).

WOW I had no idea VLC could do this!!!
Thanks mate - will have to try it next time I find a slightly dodgy Tinfoil video.

cosmichobo
14th October 2007, 09:17 PM
To fix permanently, then it's a little more difficult and requires tools like ffmpegx (and don't ask me how to do it, can't say I have done it).

Hey purana...

HOW do you do it?

Previously I was happy enough to watch the files on my computer, but now I have a DIVX dvd player, I prefer to burn them and watch on my telly...

But I've just got... several... with bad sound sync... Mostly just like a dozen frames out of sync, but that's enough to be a pain...

I checked out ffmpeg's Audio & Video tabs, but couldn't see any way to adjust them forwards/backwards... and the "trim" function is about frame size, not synchronicity...

Anyone know an easy way to do this? (talking about re-aligning the sound on an avi... and yes I know you can do it in quicktime, but it seems to want to convert the whole file rather than just bump it along)

macpunc
11th December 2007, 08:25 AM
Hey purana...

HOW do you do it?

Previously I was happy enough to watch the files on my computer, but now I have a DIVX dvd player, I prefer to burn them and watch on my telly...

But I've just got... several... with bad sound sync... Mostly just like a dozen frames out of sync, but that's enough to be a pain...

I checked out ffmpeg's Audio & Video tabs, but couldn't see any way to adjust them forwards/backwards... and the "trim" function is about frame size, not synchronicity...

Anyone know an easy way to do this? (talking about re-aligning the sound on an avi... and yes I know you can do it in quicktime, but it seems to want to convert the whole file rather than just bump it along)

Yes, I too have this problem with Divx encoded video and mp3 soundtracks, that are converted to DVD with Toast, also exported from QuickTime Pro to mpeg4 are the same, still out of sync audio.

Cheers

macpunc

cosmichobo
11th December 2007, 09:24 AM
Several vids I've uploaded to YouTube have gone out of sync, which is also annoying...

soul assasin
11th December 2007, 11:10 AM
Redacted.