PDA

View Full Version : [Whinge] CnC3 and Macbook

thorevenge
7th May 2007, 02:29 PM
So I am having a whinge.

My Macbook 2.0Ghz has a problem with Tiberium Wars - and its an interesting one to boot.

It installs, loads and runs. Kind of runs.

Tutorial mode works. I can start a skirmish and it works but crashes as soon as the enemy becomes visible to my units sight. Campaign mode doesn't work after the FMV.

Updated to patch 1.04. 2Gb of RAM in the machine

20Gb partition with approx 5Gb or more (might be up to 8Gb) free of disk space.

Any ideas?

Linux_insidev2
7th May 2007, 02:36 PM
Update video drivers? windows XP or Vista?

C&C3 doesn't seem to work very well for heaps of people - crashes on my brothers machine at the main menu.

mechcon
7th May 2007, 02:48 PM
video card perhaps?

thorevenge
7th May 2007, 03:22 PM
Windows XP.

Latest patches support the GMA 900 and GMA 950.

Latest bootcamp drivers.

The weird thing is that the game runs fine, just when the enemy is visible by sight. Very bizarre to say the least.

decryption
7th May 2007, 03:27 PM
Works perfectly on my MacBook Pro - love it :D
(also, curse the scrim)

Linux_insidev2
7th May 2007, 03:37 PM
Others have reported success setting the "shader settings to medium" apparently it will not run on low or high.

thorevenge
7th May 2007, 03:47 PM
I might give that a shot. As I said, its totally bizarre that its only when the enemy is within unit sight range that it crashes. And I know that the Macbook isn't really made for gaming either - but its just for on the side when I am totally sick of WoW (which is after 10 minutes)

And its Scrin decryption, Scrin.

Linux_insidev2
7th May 2007, 04:25 PM
I might give that a shot. As I said, its totally bizarre that its only when the enemy is within unit sight range that it crashes. And I know that the Macbook isn't really made for gaming either - but its just for on the side when I am totally sick of WoW (which is after 10 minutes)

And its Scrin decryption, Scrin.

Yeah gaming aint great on a macbook but it's doable - i used to play WoW on my macbook.

Now i play BF2, WoW, COD2, Battlefield 1942, Desertcombat on my MacbookPro :P

It's faster than my gaming machine.

Toonz
9th May 2007, 04:34 PM
Others have reported success setting the "shader settings to medium" apparently it will not run on low or high.

This is correct. Booting to BootCamp to play C&C3 on my MacBook was the same.

In Skirmish it'd crash after a few mins until I moved my "Shader" settings to "Medium". This is actually an issue on all GMA950 Intel Graphics machines (Mac or Windows).