PDA

View Full Version : Background Colour of Document in Pages

decryption
1st May 2007, 09:41 PM
I'm stumped.

I want to make the background colour of a plain text page black, not white. I can't for the life of my figure out how to do this :(

Disko
1st May 2007, 09:42 PM
Insert an object. make it bigger than the page. send it to back. turn off the wrapping. colour it. :)

marc
1st May 2007, 10:36 PM
As crazy as it is, it seems like that's the only way!

oneplusone
2nd May 2007, 06:21 AM
I assume (eek!) that you are talking about Quark of Indesign?

Put a black box on the masterpage and from then on (in that document) your page background will be black. This will happen for all new pages that have the master page applied.

decryption
2nd May 2007, 06:46 AM
I assume (eek!) that you are talking about Quark of Indesign?

Put a black box on the masterpage and from then on (in that document) your page background will be black. This will happen for all new pages that have the master page applied.

Nah, I am talking about Apple's Pages (part of iWork) :)

spargo
2nd May 2007, 09:09 AM
Insert an object. make it bigger than the page. send it to back. turn off the wrapping. colour it. :)
If that's the only solution then its another reason to stick with MS Word for when the next version of office comes out, rather than switching over to iWork.

A shame really. It's the simple stuff that counts, and incomparison Office has done the miles to have sorted this stuff out.

marc
2nd May 2007, 10:00 AM
If that's the only solution then its another reason to stick with MS Word for when the next version of office comes out, rather than switching over to iWork.

A shame really. It's the simple stuff that counts, and incomparison Office has done the miles to have sorted this stuff out.
It's funny you know... but I'm favouring Pages over InDesign for some things these days (yes, InDesign!). There's been some recent cases where I've wanted to create screen only PDFs with some URLs in them. I've made the entire thing up and almost finished it in InDesign, then been frustrated with the result, so remade it in Pages (in about 5 mins!). I've been using Quark/InDesign for the last 12 years and I'm finding Pages kills them both for simple stuff like that.

This is the first time I've ever though "wow. they really missed that one!" for Pages. Having said that, I've never used pro publishing app that let you set the background colour (that I know of).

Keynote and Pages 4EVA!

Disko
2nd May 2007, 11:45 AM
You know what marc, so have i. I've been using it as my main word processor as well all year. The only time i'll use Word is when a luddite at the other end needs to open a .doc

Oh, and the process i outlined here (http://forums.mactalk.com.au/showpost.php?p=288709&postcount=2) for setting the background colour in Pages, is much the same in indesign. ;)