PDA

View Full Version : Best Mac Rage Incident

mctext
21st April 2007, 06:25 PM
Can anyone top this for a Mac Rage incident?
A person at work reported her Mac as not working to the IT section.
They picked it up and took it back to the locked-in retailer for repair.
It came back with a report saying that it was so full of gunk (coffee spills, bits of cake, and ... a number of things too bad to mention on any PG-rated website).
The IT guy brought the Mac back to her personally and told her why it couldn't be fixed.
A:::nd, she threw it at him!
I don't know what the model was -- just hope it wasn't an eMac.

mct

cgollner
21st April 2007, 07:06 PM
I can appreciate the gunk issue. We get so many calls for faulty keyboards and mice and when you go to the users terminal it is absolutely filthy.
One person I told I will be back in 5 minutes. I got some gloves from the first aid station then proceeded back to the user to take the keyboard away. I got the death stare from the individual. When I got back to the IT section I was told to chuck it and get a new one and bill it to the users section.

At the end of the month, the section supervisor queried the cost of the replacement keyboard. I took her on a guide tour of the users work space. Two weeks later a "delete form" appeared for the user in question in the Help Desk email.

Not a rage issue granted, but the gunk. OMG. My desk is immaculate. You could eat of it, seriously. Its not hard to keep things clean, is it?

Chris