PDA

View Full Version : TV shows and movies coming soon to Aus/NZ iTMS?

FreestylerNZ
20th April 2007, 10:16 AM
I got the 'Apple Store Gear Guide' email a few minutes ago and it's all about Apple TV. Now the strange thing is, in the email they keep making mention of TV Shows and Movies that you buy from the iTMS - whereas in the past they have only pushed the 'podcasts, photos and home movies', as you couldn't (and can't yet) buy anything other than music and music videos from the iTMS.

Check out this little section here:

"What can I watch with Apple TV?
Apple TV plays the movies, TV shows, podcasts, and music in your iTunes library, as well as home movies you've created and movie trailers from Apple.com. You can also show off your photos in stunning high definition."

And another bit (about iTMS gift vouchers):

"He wants TV shows. She wants movies. And the kids want the latest music videos. Make everyone happy."

So what do you think? Just a blunder (or a copy&paste from a US emailer) or is it a sign of things to come?

First there was the 'Use TV ratings from: US / AUS / NZ / UK / Ireland' in iTunes, and now this. I'd say we're only a few weeks away at most from getting TV Shows and Movies in the iTMS. Yeeha!

BLINDER
20th April 2007, 10:17 AM
Otherwise it's simply blatant false advertising isn't it!!

Joz
20th April 2007, 10:21 AM
Movies maybe. TV I doubt.

luke_in_tas
20th April 2007, 10:24 AM
My gear guide email was all about iPod speaker systems. It also came on my US iTunes email address.

Did the email you received come on an address you have used for anything on a US Apple site, or an address that you only use for Australian Apple stuff.

FreestylerNZ
22nd April 2007, 04:29 PM
I'm fairly sure it was an Aussie promo - I live in NZ so obviously we get very similar mailouts etc. to our friends over the ditch, and this email contained all the Australian details (copyright etc.) in the footer.

Razer
22nd April 2007, 04:38 PM
Give them a ring and demand that you want to download tv shows like the email suggests is possible. See what they say :)

richbowen
22nd April 2007, 11:04 PM
"What can I watch with Apple TV?
Apple TV plays the movies, TV shows, podcasts, and music in your iTunes library, as well as home movies you've created and movie trailers from Apple.com. You can also show off your photos in stunning high definition."

And another bit (about iTMS gift vouchers):

"He wants TV shows. She wants movies. And the kids want the latest music videos. Make everyone happy."

There are other ways than ITMS to get movies and TV shows into your iTunes library. iTunes 7 allows you to change the metadata on any iTunes video content to call it a movie, TV show or music video. So I think the first statement is OK.

But the second bit pushing vouchers seems misleading!

The Fluffy Duck
22nd April 2007, 11:37 PM
as long as I can get battlestar galactica Im happy :)

Australian ITMS tv shows Every single " Home and away".........I think i might just watch big brother. ewww