PDA

View Full Version : FREE Final Cut Studio 2 Upgrades?

Pendulum
18th April 2007, 09:00 AM
Hey all

I Work at large sydney radio station as the senior designer. We just finally got two macs to do all our work on, and purchased Final Cut Studio 1. We've only had it like 3 weeks. You can imagine how we feel now knowing that FCS2 is out.

Do Apple provide free upgrades for people who buy things so close to the release of a new version?

Scottie

hawker
18th April 2007, 09:06 AM
Where did you but the software from? Directly from apple? if so call them and speak to customer service.

BLINDER
18th April 2007, 09:12 AM
This is one of those continuing and sad situations for purchasers.
I'm not trying to be trite or dismissive but... were you happy with your decision at the time?
Are you aware that Apple is an active company and makes updates every now and again?
Unless you purchase the day after something is announced then you have little reason to complain.
Final Cut Studio is fantastic and will do the job for a long, long time - even to the day that FCS3 is announced!

jeremy_warnock
18th April 2007, 10:16 AM
I have read in the past that apple have given people updates when a product update has been released within 30 days for a small cost, postage i believe - I dont now how true it is having not been on the receiving end - no harm giving them call