PDA

View Full Version : Errm iLife '07 or '08?

Bodhi88
17th April 2007, 09:58 AM
Hello its now April 17 07 and errm no ilife update.... Not to mention no mini up date. Whats the story? :cmd: tv was a little late. Leopard well we all know about that little hick up. But where the hell is ilife 07? Is it coming soon or at all? Anyone?? :confused:

shiny
17th April 2007, 10:00 AM
Current rumours suggest iLife is tied in with Leopard and core animation, so we may have to wait until then.

smilne360
17th April 2007, 11:05 AM
im actually thinking its pretty funny rembering when amazon jumped the gun and put up them for sale a few days before... (there is a thread somewhere, i cant find it...)

mechcon
17th April 2007, 11:12 AM
does ilife 06 not work anymore? does it not make your webpages, or music, or movies/dvds?

lucious
17th April 2007, 11:47 AM
It will either be i'Life 08 or i'Life Leopard edition...

I'm sure that a new mini will be out soon...ish!

Johnny Appleseed
17th April 2007, 12:35 PM
As for iWork, a recent Mac Format magazine analysed Steve Jobs' Macworld address and noticed some killer effects he was using in Keynote. These probably require Core Animation.

lavo
17th April 2007, 01:23 PM
Guaranteed Apple will tie iLife 07 with Leopard. iLife 06 is a very good package, so consumers need a pretty valid reason for upgrading to the next version.

Slightly OT, did anyone listen to this weeks' TWiT? The gang raised some interesting points about the delays (one a little far fetched). The point I agreed with is that the iPhone is not going to plan and they have had to pull engineers from all over the shop to make the deadline of June. Its easy for Apple to push back Leopard (nothing wrong with 10.4 or iLife 06), but any delay in the iPhone will be a PR nightmare.

October is not too far away. Anyhoo, isn't the Sydney store on target to open then? Don't be suprised if Steve makes his way down here for the opening, and to release 10.5 at the same time :-)

Bodhi88
17th April 2007, 01:37 PM
ilife still works and so does my LC II, sort of. All I'm saying is that I'm feeling a little let down, like the dog that hears a bell and is fed... in January I am fed, January bell has rang and I am a little hungry... 3 months hungry and then being told that I may not be fed til October..... rumble rumble.
:(
Throw me a fricken bone here.....(apple)

lavo
17th April 2007, 01:55 PM
You better get used to unsual feeding times then, as Apple don't ring the bell at the same time any more.

:-)

maybe check out some of the great third party apps that are coming out. This one sounds brilliant:

Skitch (http://plasq.com/skitch)