PDA

View Full Version : Another Ipod Battery Question

McKatch
15th April 2007, 09:35 AM
My wifes Ipod Nano has an issue with recharging. It has been fully charged once since purchase (Ipod Refurbish). The battery seemed to work for about a week - fair enough.

Was waiting till it run down fully before recharge but after an all night charge it still has very little battery charge in it - is the battery stuffed already or am I missing something here.

ClockWork
15th April 2007, 10:13 AM
McKatch - when did you (or your wife) purchase this Nano? ie: Does it still fall into the first year of warranty?

cheers,

cw

McKatch
15th April 2007, 10:27 AM
Very much so - it is but a week old.

The documents on the website say that some computers when going to sleep will not charge the ipod, I am using an Imac G5 anyone know if this machine can charge while sleeping ? If not how can I keep it awake ?

ClockWork
15th April 2007, 10:42 AM
In that case, I'd take it back for a refund. It sounds like the battery may be in error. This problem is quite common.

As to charging the Nano in the future, it's best to charge it directly from a wall power socket, using an Apple charger, known as an: Apple iPod USB Power Adapter - see here for a picture of it:

http://www.buymac.com.au/product/apple-usb-power-adapter

You can purchase an Australian one from just about any Apple Retailer - or online by going to:

http://www.apple.com/au/store/

Then type: Apple iPod USB Power Adapter - into the top-left Search Panel - hit your return key, and it'll be the first on the list. $48.00. Beats keeping a machine "on" all the time just to power a tiny device ;) .

As to the battery problem, take the Nano back to where you purchased it from ASAP, plus your Invoice, and ask them for a new Nano.

Cheers,

cw

astr0b0y
15th April 2007, 11:05 AM
I think ClockWork means to take it back and ask nicely if they would mind checking the iPod to see if it faulty. Don't just assume that what some guy on some forum told you is gospel after a couple of small posts. There is not enough info given to be sure that the battery is faulty. You don't want to make the mistake of leading your conversation with the staff at the retail outlet with 'I read on the interwebs...'

Goodbye
15th April 2007, 11:08 AM
Very much so - it is but a week old.

The documents on the website say that some computers when going to sleep will not charge the ipod, I am using an Imac G5 anyone know if this machine can charge while sleeping ? If not how can I keep it awake ?

I don't think iMacs when asleep will charge an iPod, so this could be the problem.

And I don't think there's any need to spend $48 on a wall charger. I charge my iPod all the time through my computer (it is on all day anyway) and it's fine.

McKatch
15th April 2007, 11:08 AM
Thanks for all the advice - think an Ipod Wall charger maybe a good investment.
Will get the Ipod checked out at a store as soon as I get a chance to.

ClockWork
15th April 2007, 11:17 AM
I think ClockWork means to take it back and ask nicely if they would mind checking the iPod to see if it faulty. Don't just assume that what some guy on some forum told you is gospel after a couple of small posts. There is not enough info given to be sure that the battery is faulty. You don't want to make the mistake of leading your conversation with the staff at the retail outlet with 'I read on the interwebs...'

Too true Astro - my mistake - yes - don't "demmand" anything. Simply go in and show them the Nano, and tell them it doesn't seem to charge - etc - everything you've said here, and could they help you, please.

Courtesy often gets you out of these kinds of problems... as does flattery.

By the way astr0b0y - I've been meaning to tell you you're a really swell guy, and I have admired you since I was a child. :)

See? No such thing as too much flattery. =)

cw