PDA

View Full Version : full mode photobooth

smilne360
11th April 2007, 07:15 PM
ok.. so im having a party and want to set photobooth up so that people can take a pic as they arrive, but i dont want them to be able to acess anythign on the computer...

is there a way to rig this?

im also planning on running iTunes off the same computer, is this a silly idea?

rickyd
11th April 2007, 07:22 PM
Doodim should do the trick.

rickyd
11th April 2007, 07:30 PM
http://www.lachoseinteractive.net/en/products/doodim/

There's the link...and yes, it's an awesome idea. Email them to your friends too!

dangelovich
11th April 2007, 07:55 PM
Maybe create a new user account.
Remove all icons, and remove everything from the dock (except Photo Booth).
Enable Parental Controls for the user (Finder & System) and enable Simple Finder, then select only Photo Booth as an allowed application.

smilne360
11th April 2007, 07:55 PM
yep cool solution,but it dosent block acess the other programs...
being that photo booth requires the mouse to be at the computer...

Rayd
11th April 2007, 08:27 PM
ok.. so im having a party and want to set photobooth up so that people can take a pic as they arrive, but i dont want them to be able to acess anythign on the computer...

is there a way to rig this?

im also planning on running iTunes off the same computer, is this a silly idea?

the only problem i see with this is the idea of running itunes on teh same computer, if this music is going to be loud, you will have the annoying "beep beep beep *camera shutter sound*" comming through the speakers whenever someone takes a pic.

other than that. looks all sweet. :D
what i would do is the same as what dangelovich said.... but also put the smallest resolution on so it displays minimum desktop and maximum photobooth.

Silver
11th April 2007, 09:27 PM
the only problem i see with this is the idea of running itunes on teh same computer, if this music is going to be loud, you will have the annoying "beep beep beep *camera shutter sound*" comming through the speakers whenever someone takes a pic.

You could probably get rid of the camera shutter sound by replacing the aiff file in the package with an empty aiff. I don't see a special beep though, so there may not be an easy way to remove that.

smilne360
11th April 2007, 10:14 PM
yep found rth aiff, replaced with a silent one.. all good for runnign itunes too.

out of ideas to lock the screen... im acctually thinking it wont be that bigger issue if i set up a second account... how much damage can be done?

dangelovich
11th April 2007, 10:20 PM
Very little if you enable Simple Finder with Parental Controls.
Certainly nothing you can't fix by deleting the user account.