PDA

View Full Version : iStat Nano 2 - Out Now!

decryption
10th April 2007, 04:13 PM
iStat Nano 2 - Out Now!

http://xserve.mactalk.com.au/albums/News/istatnanopromoig5.jpg

Our friends Brad & Marc have been working hard on their flagship widget, iStat Nano. It's been totally reworked and looks amazing. For more details on what the new version brings, check out the iSlayer blog post: http://islayer.com/blog/?p=150.

tcn33
10th April 2007, 06:04 PM
Astoundingly beautiful. Excellent work guys!

Tiger
10th April 2007, 06:22 PM
Great looking. But there are so many updates across the iStat range that it detracts from their beauty.

iSlayer
10th April 2007, 06:29 PM
Great looking. But there are so many updates across the iStat range that it detracts from their beauty.

It depends how many istat products your running.
The last istat nano update was over 3 months ago and there was 2 months between the last 2 istat pro updates.

If your running both however the update time is obviously going to be smaller

Tiger
10th April 2007, 06:46 PM
It depends how many istat products your running.
The last istat nano update was over 3 months ago and there was 2 months between the last 2 istat pro updates.

If your running both however the update time is obviously going to be smaller

I wonder if I am having trouble. I feel like every time I use dashboard it tells a new version is ready to install ???

Does that sound normal?

marc
10th April 2007, 06:46 PM
Plus... you can now disable the update checker.

iSlayer
10th April 2007, 07:06 PM
I wonder if I am having trouble. I feel like every time I use dashboard it tells a new version is ready to install ???

Does that sound normal?

if your running the latest version and it still continues to say there is an update then there is definitely something wrong

STK
10th April 2007, 07:35 PM
Nice will download when i get back

DJY
10th April 2007, 08:05 PM
Yet another great widget!

These keep getting better and better!

I can't decide though which I want to use Pro or nano?!?!?!

The Architect.mac
10th April 2007, 08:51 PM
great work guys and the new icons for the suite look sweet...

lookin forward to further updates...

Cheers

chrism238
10th April 2007, 10:37 PM
I'd like to see the correct acronyms used for the measurements, such as mb -> MB,
kb -> Kb, termperature with a 'C' if Celsius (oh, and your -> you're). Thanks,

forgie
10th April 2007, 11:04 PM
Good work guys, the new UI is slick. It took me a little while to "get" the navigation, but I think you've done an admirable job of presenting so much info in such a small amount of space.

BigAD
11th April 2007, 12:19 AM
Here's a review (http://macapper.com/2007/04/10/rdy-istat-nano-20-is-out/) MacApper did of the iStat Nano if anyone is interested.

marc
11th April 2007, 12:46 AM
Thanks BigAD!

wilba
14th April 2007, 07:19 PM
Awesome work guys, it's fantastic. Esp. love the ability to read the temps of the different components of my intel iMac.

One suggestion, however. Updates can only be checked daily, unless you turn them off. How about making weekly / monthly update checks an option?

marc
14th April 2007, 07:23 PM
Thanks.

How about making weekly / monthly update checks an option?
Any reason why you'd want that? The bandwidth taken for the update check is tiny, so the option is really saying "do you want to know about updates or not".

It'd be easy to add if there's good reason for it.

wilba
14th April 2007, 09:16 PM
It'd be easy to add if there's good reason for it.

I am usually conscious of when programs connect to the internet, as being on an awful dial-up connection (with no way to upgrade :( ) I usually have noticed, with other programs at least that checking for updates can sometimes slow things down temporarily, which is annoying if numerous programs want to check for updates every day.

marc
14th April 2007, 10:42 PM
The amount of data we're talking about is tiny...

Sent = nothing.
Received = a string thats contains 3 characters.

There's no way you should notice any slow down of any kind, even on the very slowest connection possible.

dvlzplayground
15th April 2007, 01:04 AM
i love this! :D wonderful product. the navigation is brilliant :)