PDA

View Full Version : Experience with oziexplorer and Parallels?

IIe2PB
9th April 2007, 11:42 PM
I'm going on a bit of a tour of this great country in a couple of months. I'd like to use oziexplorer (http://www.oziexplorer.com/) to manage my GPS and maps under parallels.

Does anyone have any experience with this? :) I have a macbook pro CD2 and a Magellan 210. I'd like to use my Hema Maps.

IIe2PB
11th April 2007, 10:25 PM
Oh well. If I get this going I'll post some photos :)

It's got to be a cool getting your mac out and about story :)

Byrd
11th April 2007, 10:42 PM
I'd be interested in your progress too IIe2PB :) No reason why it shouldn't work, it's fairly straight-forward software.

JB

IIe2PB
14th April 2007, 01:46 PM
I'd be interested in your progress too IIe2PB :) No reason why it shouldn't work, it's fairly straight-forward software.

JB

I'll keep everyone posted. :)

IIe2PB
1st June 2007, 05:26 AM
Well the answer to this is that it works perfectly :) I have parallels humming away, and oziexplorer doesn't seem to know any better :) The GPS seems to pass through no problems although it did take a little head scratching.

It's pretty cool. You can drive along and a little arrow points to where you are and what direction you're pointing in. It will be interesting to see how useful it actually is though :) I'm hoping in the remote areas we're going to it will enable us to navigate sand dunes when we are "off piste".

Also, I'm nervous reading all the negative threads on here as to whether my MBP will keep going. It's been perfectly reliable so far so I'll presume this is a irrational fear :o It's role on our forthcoming safari will be as a photo host, to provide access to all repair manuals, and for navigation (but there are lots of alternatives for this).