PDA

View Full Version : flash not working in safari

mechcon
4th April 2007, 10:18 AM
Okay, I got a new macbook pro, and did a migration over from my 24" imac to sync (just about) everything.

Only problem I found, was that the flash in Safari isn't working. I've enabled flash in quicktime preferences, and tried other browsers installed, and they're fine.

I've repaired my persimmons, and ran applejack, still no luck. I've tried to remove the plugins from the appropriate folders, and reinstalled the flash plugin too.

I'm baffled, any ideas folks?

sunrisesister
4th April 2007, 10:22 AM
I've repaired my persimmons,

http://healthsciences.columbia.edu/dept/ps/2008/photos/persimmon.jpg

Did you try rebooting your Apple.. or Satsuma :P

Sorry.. heee

MacDave
4th April 2007, 10:30 AM
mechcon -

Read - http://www.macosxhints.com/article.php?story=20060223002831909&query=intel%2Bflash (including comments.)

On another note, as I recall, there's a rather long thread here which in short says that if there's nothing wrong with your persimmons, then reparing them is a waste of time. =)

Dave

mvjs
4th April 2007, 10:31 AM
Try going to Safari Prefs, in the Security Tab enable Plugins

mechcon
4th April 2007, 10:33 AM
had to reboot to use applejack

mechcon
4th April 2007, 10:36 AM
Try going to Safari Prefs, in the Security Tab enable Plugins

my god.... THANK YOU!!! I'm so retarded :P

entropy
19th November 2007, 01:26 PM
After upgrading to 10.4.11, and incidentally safari 3.04, I could not get flash to work, after re-downloading the flash plugin, restarting safari etc.

After reading this thread I un-clicked and re-clicked 'enable plug ins' in security preferences and it is all action. weird.

entropy
25th November 2007, 07:42 AM
Actually the problem I described above is still happening all the time! why is the flash plug-in dropping out all the time? I have to keep going in and turning the 'enable plugins' on and off and on to get it to work. Sometimes even quit out of safari and back again.

edit: OK, I repaired permissions, which I hadn't done since 2006, and a lot of flash permissions were fixed. It seems to work OK now.

However, now I have a major problem with web browsing. It appears parental controls have been switched on somehow which makes it extremely difficult to access any bookmarked site. I am using an administrator account and a parental controls option is greyed out in safari security preferences. And is system preferences, of course, you can't set parental controls on the admin account. What has happened?