PDA

View Full Version : Combining mp3 files

froggy
2nd April 2007, 11:57 AM
Hi all,

I have downloaded some Audiobooks for my daughter - free project from http://www.gutenberg.org - but one of the books is in 49 separate mp3 files! I'd really like them in one file for her ipod.

I know that I can go about this the long way of importing the mp3s into Audacity one by one and then exporting the finished project as one file, but is there an easier way to do this, please?

Macupdate found a freeware programme called ReJoiner but it seems that it is no longer available for download. (Error 404 etc)

Any other solutions? Or anyone have a copy of this programme, please?

Cheers,
Andrew

kaisersozay
2nd April 2007, 12:28 PM
Would it not be a simple matter to create a Compilation in iTunes and download that to your iPod? I know nothing about iPods, but I am guessing that iTunes would do it for you.
Are the 40+ files chapters? I guess there is a reason that they are separate files. Your post implied that earlier downloads were different. Is that so?
Just thought that separate files would be an easy way to keep track of chapters, but maybe iPods have some bookmark feature?

decryption
2nd April 2007, 12:30 PM
I'd be inclined to agree with kaisersozay, and leave them as individual files and simply add them to a playlist in iTunes. That way you can go back and forth between chapters easily :)

froggy
2nd April 2007, 12:35 PM
Would it not be a simple matter to create a Compilation in iTunes and download that to your iPod? I know nothing about iPods, but I am guessing that iTunes would do it for you.
Are the 40+ files chapters? I guess there is a reason that they are separate files. Your post implied that earlier downloads were different. Is that so?
Just thought that separate files would be an easy way to keep track of chapters, but maybe iPods have some bookmark feature?

Hi,
I'm still learning about iPods, too.

The separate files are not necessarily chapters. Rather, they seem to be places where the reader has had enough of reading and wants a break.

I've done an earlier book by creating a playlist and just downloading that to the iPod. I haven't used the compilation feature. I'll have to investigate that one.

Cheers,
Andrew

kaisersozay
2nd April 2007, 02:02 PM
Froggy, when I said Compilation, I really just meant Playlist as decryption said. Which is a compilation of any tracks or mp3 files you wish. Easier than one at a time with Audacity and sticking them together. I don't really understand why you want it to be one long track without interruption. I guess there is a reason you want it that way.

kaisersozay
2nd April 2007, 02:05 PM
Just had a peep into iTunes. Make your Playlist then before you burn go to iTunes->Preferences->Advanced and select NONE in the menu for gapps between 'songs'/files.