PDA

View Full Version : Is this right..?

godsdice
29th March 2007, 04:34 PM
my mouse is faulty and is covered under warranty,called the reseller i brought my g5 from and they said i have to take the mouse to them,they send it to apple ,apple send a new one back to them and then i can have it..? they are also warranty agents for apple so i thought they would just give me a new one and claim it back from apple

bushfire
29th March 2007, 05:05 PM
talk to consumer affairs in your state , look for your rights, then take a copy into the store when you wish to deal with any crappy policy apple tries to pull over on you.

Maximage
29th March 2007, 05:55 PM
I think you will find under consumer law that teh company has to have reasonable time to be able to swap or repair parts, now reasonable can be stretched either way, and it may vary depending on your state. Either way, Apple send a service part which doesn't come in a retail box, whereas the service centre (being a store) would have regular retail units in nice boxes in stock. Prob arises that they cant really give you a shiny retail box one coz when Apple replace it with a Service part, they will have next to no chance to sell it as noone likes to buy an unboxed product unless heavily discounted. Sucks, but it is a sad part of Apples warranty being tracked to serial numbers so heavily.

randygandy
1st April 2007, 12:25 AM
yeah your right you should be dealing with the person which you bought it from, apple only deals with customers in these matters who bought there computers though the online store.