PDA

View Full Version : Bluetooth Sync (Wheres the other half?)

dewy
26th March 2007, 06:58 PM
I am overly impressed with the iSync program for osx, seeings its a generic program built to support many manufactures and models of mobile phones, but after recently moving from Windows (Using Nokia Suite) to OSX I am missing something, that is the ability to sync photos, all I can do is sync the calendar and contacts. Is there anyway to have the iMac sync my photos from my phone via bluetooth automatically? Importing to iPhoto would be even better, but I can do that myself, I am mostly concerned with the syncing of photos.

Currawong
26th March 2007, 07:27 PM
Only if you can plug in the phone via USB causing any included card to mount as a drive....

dewy
26th March 2007, 07:30 PM
Thanks for that, I think I might just stick to my manual transfer over bluetooth once a week, about the same effort as plugging a cable in.

Quamen
27th March 2007, 09:55 AM
unfortunately a manual trasfer is the way to go. Maybe there's an opening here for an aspiring indie mac dev.

iSync really is just for contacts and calendars. I'm almost certain in this case less is more.

dewy
4th April 2007, 11:27 PM
unfortunately a manual trasfer is the way to go. Maybe there's an opening here for an aspiring indie mac dev.

iSync really is just for contacts and calendars. I'm almost certain in this case less is more.

Thanks a lot for the reply, maybe if I learn to code during the year for Software Design and I can do it for mac I can learn how OSX uses bluetooth and I can code it my self :thumbup: