PDA

View Full Version : Myst Online: Uru Live

deadants
24th March 2007, 10:43 AM
I came across Myst Online: Uru Live on Apples web site today. http://www.apple.com/downloads/macosx/ It looks like it could be a bit more interisting than that pointless 'second life'.

If you have signed up for the free trial, what are the monthley fees?
What are the graphics like?

I'm going to be stuck in bed for a while after Tuesday. I have to have a complete hip replacement so I'm going to need somerhing to keep my mind off it. I have set up in my bedroom a 32" LCD TV with a Mac Mini attached. Hopefully this should make time go by much quicker:)

deadants
24th March 2007, 10:53 AM
I just read the System Requirements and I guess my intel mini's graphics won't cut the mustard

System Requirements
Mac OS X 10.4.8 or later
1.83GHz Intel processor
512MB of RAM (1GB recommended)
128MB video RAM (Intel GMA950 chipset not supported)
3GB hard disk space; 800 x 600 display resolution
Requires broadband connection

STK
24th March 2007, 11:03 AM
My macbook pro will. Is this an online version of the game Myst?

deadants
24th March 2007, 12:02 PM
Is this an online version of the game Myst?

Ithink it must be.

The game and story continually expand and adapt as you and other players make choices and take actions, so you never know what tomorrow will bring.

iPirate
24th March 2007, 01:39 PM
Warning: The following is part informative rant, part query and all disorganised.

Does this mean that URU will finally come over to the Mac platform?

Unfortunately, I have to run most of my Myst applications in Parallels as Myst and Riven used hypercard (classic only :( ) so this isn't that much of a big deal for me. It's just the principle (they started as Mac programmers for crying out loud. Why couldn't all the Myst series work on Macs?)

...It would appear that they do now, so long as you have Classic Mode, system 10.3.8 (Myst 4: Revelation, installs with hack onto Intel Mac) 10.3.9 (Myst V: EOA) and now, an Intel Mac running 10.4.8 (But I'm still on 10.4.6 :( )

Byrd
25th March 2007, 09:33 AM
http://www.apple.com/games/articles/2007/03/mystonlineurulive/

Myst: Online looks kind of crap, considering it appears to look and play nothing like what the previous Myst games have been. I mean the puzzles are there, but there was litle other interaction with other people, I can't see how it'd work online, well.

JB