PDA

View Full Version : QuickTime

aussiedeano
24th March 2007, 10:13 PM
I tried to enter the Mitsubishi Australia website, and couldn't get to the first screen, and in the address bar part of the address said "no flash". I'm using Safari and haven't had any issues.

So I went to Adobe and downloaded a new version of Flash and Shockwave. Now any time I try to access a website that requires any kind of flash, it comes up with the QT "Q" with a question mark in it. I've checked the System Pref's in the QT section and all the settings appear to be set for playing QT stuff.....anyone have any idea's why this is happening, and any idea how to fix it? I'm running Safari under 10.4.9.....

Thanks!

Deano

adamjc
24th March 2007, 10:17 PM
I had the same problem a month or so ago, would be interested to hear of a workaround as I still can't get into it!

purana
24th March 2007, 10:28 PM
Yeah it don't work on Safari, but it works fine on Firefox...

EDIT: without the need to install Flash :)

Currawong
24th March 2007, 11:46 PM
Are you on an Intel Mac and did you install a PPC version of Flash? I haven't checked the Adobe website to see if Flash is a universal binary or has two separate downloads....

Silver
24th March 2007, 11:57 PM
May also be worth checking System Preferences > QuickTime > Advanced > MIME Settings...

aussiedeano
25th March 2007, 07:52 AM
I'm on a PPC and installed the PPC one. And I checked the MIME settings, all are checked and ready to go.....frustrating....even did a disk utility check and a reboot.......

strange.....

adamjc
28th March 2007, 11:47 AM
Still no go here, cant get in at all.