PDA

View Full Version : Apple Bluetooth mouse blues..

purana
2nd January 2005, 03:49 PM
Got the mouse for my birthday on Dec 10th... everything has been fine until the last day or so.. Previously the mouse would just loose connection while watching a movie... and nothing I would do could get it going again... ie. sliding cover over would not turn off the led... usually pull battery..

Just now it lost the plot again. Lost connection while watching a movie. Turned it over. No led on. Rebooted powerbook. No change. Slide the cover. No change. Changed batteries... No change. Unit would not glow red.

Left it 2 mins and then the Led came on solid. But still not able to use mouse. Tried sliding cover to turn it off and on. Led stays on. Removed battery and put them back in. Won't come back on.

Must say I am not impressed. Think this baby is going back to Apple. Will be making a call come Tuesday... as I am guessing they not open tomorrow.

Anyone had a similar issue?

Ozi
2nd January 2005, 04:40 PM
There is a chance that the issue isn't your mouse, but the Firmware on your powerbook or the Hardware (BT module in your powerbook.)

There is a new firmware update: http://www.macupdate.com/info.php/id/14766

However, your mouse is most likely at fault.

Currawong
2nd January 2005, 04:41 PM
I'd just assume you're the lucky 1 out of 100 or 1000 or whatever who got a stuffed mouse.

purana
2nd January 2005, 08:43 PM
My apple bt keyboard continues to work fine... I think the mouse just shat itself... no amount of battery swapping is fixing it :(

Don't think its a firmware issue as I said keyboard is working perfect... Not happy.. its not even a month old.