PDA

View Full Version : ClamXav 1.0.7b virus definition update problem

curientai
19th March 2007, 11:06 AM
Hi all, just curious if any experiencing virus definition update problem? I have been trying to update the ClamXav since saturday, however, it keeps saying "Error : 52 Network Problem Try again later".

Wondering if anyone with the same problem? or it just my system's problem or possible the mirror or ISP problem?

I am running ibook G4, 10.4.9, internet with TPG, located in Melbounre, Hawthorn exchange.

kendals
19th March 2007, 11:17 AM
You run anti-virus software? What is that and what does it do?

hawker
19th March 2007, 11:21 AM
You can find out about it here: http://www.markallan.co.uk/clamXav/

I haven't had any problems with my linux box or G4... Are you having any other network issues at the moment?

kendals
19th March 2007, 11:35 AM
LOL, sorry- was being facetious...but what point is there for AV on a Mac atm?

hawker
19th March 2007, 11:37 AM
Good for mac file servers that interact with Windows, or any form of mac that interacts with windows. Also good for web servers etc (with mail!)

curientai
19th March 2007, 01:03 PM
thanks all, I run ClamXav because i interact a lot with PCs and Virtual PC as well.

Weird though... it has been last for a couple of days, every other networking things are all doing fine. at least i can leave a msg in Mactalk... Wondering if it's TPG's problem...:confused:

On the other hand, one of my PC is running ClamWin, which is a ClamAV port for windows, it cant get updates as well... that's why i am suspecting that will be a issue for the server or TPG...