PDA

View Full Version : Dock problems...

Ozi
31st December 2004, 01:27 AM
A few months ago, I downloaded and ran an applescript called "dockbasher" or "dockhitter" or same name like that from versiontracker. It meant that the dock was in the top right side of the screen, and much smaller too. It was a little program, with a built in uninstaller. I stupidly deleted the program, and am now stuck with the changes, as I dont have the uninstaller. I can move the the dock with system preferences to a better place, and change the size of the dock, but not remove the right-justified thing.

I have searched high and low for this program, to no avail.

So I come to you guys, humbled my this annoying turd of an applescript. Is there anyway to undo the command, and have my dock back to normal? The script seems to effect the orientation of my icons too.. my hard-disk keeps moving itself to different locations, and I suspect this program is to blame.

Any help would be marvelous. :)

Edge
31st December 2004, 02:23 AM
Try trashing the "users/ozi/library/preferences/com.apple.dock.plist" file.

Ozi
31st December 2004, 06:02 AM
nope: it would appear that this applescript doesn't have a .plist file.

Heres a screenie of the problem.

Disko
31st December 2004, 06:05 AM
Hey ozi

install this: http://www.macupdate.com/info.php/id/5721

move your dock. :)

Currawong
31st December 2004, 07:00 AM
Check System Preferences -> Accounts and your startup items for the script too.

Byrd
31st December 2004, 07:59 AM
I've been using TransparentDock 2.2 which does a number of things to your Dock.app, and it makes sure you back it up before modifying the program.

In other words, you'll have to get another copy of Dock.app to get it working properly again!

JB

Ozi
31st December 2004, 10:50 AM
Thanks Disko. Problem solved. :)

Script wasn't in startup items, curra, so i dunno where it was. But thanks one and all for the help. :)