PDA

View Full Version : iMovie Audio Problems

brooksaar
12th March 2007, 04:19 PM
Hey,

Me & a Friend are Doing a "News Report" Video for a PE Assignment on Heart Disease, but anyway,

I've Imported the Movie Through Firewire into My iMac in iMovie, but when I play the Movie, No Audio Comes out! I have Imported it through NeroVision on my PC and it plays the Audio, but when I import that into iMovie no Audio plays again!

It's Due next Monday so any comments would be appreciated

hawker
12th March 2007, 04:28 PM
ok, sorry if this sounds dumb, but are you sure the audio is not muted on your machine (sorry, just had like 2 people say this to me, I walked into the edit suite, and un-muted the machine and they were red in the face, but right to go)....

brooksaar
12th March 2007, 05:09 PM
Yeap, I'm Listening to iTunes Right Now, the Clip Volume is 100%, iMovie Volume is 100%

I've Tried Extracting the Audio, No Difference

hawker
12th March 2007, 05:11 PM
Ok, time to get into more details:

What version of iMovie are you using?
What is your camera / deck you are using to import?
do you have final cut pro or express on the machine?

W9cae
12th March 2007, 05:24 PM
Is the movie your importing mepg2 ? I have had similar issues with stuff captured on my old win98 capture device. They would play fine in Quicktime, but when brought into a project on iMovie no sound. My solution was to convert them to iPod for TV with iSquint. This way you have a 640 x 480 res mpeg4 video which iMovie can work with. Mpeg is muxed video & audio.

LandLord
12th March 2007, 05:35 PM
I had the same issue once on a DV tape that had been used before and had a split second of old footage before the new footage started. When I imported it - no audio. However, when I fast forwarded the tape (using the DV camera) about 5 seconds past the old footage and imported it again the audio was imported as well. I don't know why it happened but it's probably worth a try :)

brooksaar
12th March 2007, 05:50 PM
I'm Using iMovie HD 6.0.3, its a Sony Something or Rather (Around 2002), No FinalCut, its an Mpeg-1 I think (Thats what i exported NeroVision as)

I'm Gonna Try Extracting the Audio on Windows and Importing it into iMovie as an MP3

Thanks Guys

moviemaker93
22nd January 2009, 02:51 AM
im having the same problem with imovie hd. the sound isnt working, and im using pictures so the movie format isnt the problem. i use the mic on my mac and it records what i say, but when i play it there is no sound. when i export it to quicktime, there is sound! i have no idea what the problem is.