PDA

View Full Version : Missing Sync Query

harps
11th March 2007, 03:56 PM
Got a quick query regarding missing sync and syncing a palm to Entourage.

If I select to sync the calendar by a date range, i.e. a number of weeks prior and a number of weeks after the actual sync date, does the data outside this range be removed from Entourage?

I understand that the data outside this range is removed from the palm, but I can not get this question answered with respect to Entourage.

I've got over 15600 entries in my palm calendar & Entourage which is causing allot of problems syncing, so I through if I limit the actual sync range this might overcome the syncing problems. I've accepted loosing the data outside this range on my palm, but I won't do it if I loose if from Entourage as well.

choy
12th March 2007, 12:50 AM
sorry haprs have been very very busy at work.

I don't think it should affect entourage at all - the command in missing sync is designed to not clutter your palm but shouldn't affect entourage at all.

Recommend you back up your entourage data folder (using any one of the various programs I have written to you before to do this), then give it a go.

I have done this for iCal sync before without any problems but I don't use entourage - though it should still work.

harps
13th March 2007, 07:07 PM
Thanks choy.
I thought this would be the case but just wanted confirmation first.
I'm away in WA for work this week but will give it a go on the weekend when I return.
Hopefully this will solve my time out issues when syncing going forward.