PDA

View Full Version : Adobe to announce CS3 March 27th

BlowMeDown
6th March 2007, 05:55 AM
In a live webcast from New York Adobe will announce CS3 on March 27th. The announcement will be at 3.30pm ET where Adobe will reveal the features and configurations of the CS3 suites. Although the announcement is on 27th Adobe doesn't expect to release CS3 until Autumn (Spring in the U.S.).

Further details of the webcast will be released later in the week.

vargz
6th March 2007, 07:28 AM
This is great news. Will we see an Apple + Adobe special event to launch Leopard and CS3?! In terms of release, well it's Autumn now (and Spring in the U.S.), so I guess that means between now and the end of May (same timeframe as Leopard)?

samuelclarke
6th March 2007, 08:01 AM
I can't wait! CS2 performance on my MacBook Pro has been very frustrating to say the least!

Bring on CS3. :)

Aa
6th March 2007, 08:38 AM
Finally, the time to upgrade approaches...

queraxus
6th March 2007, 08:54 AM
Been waiting on InDesign CS3 for a while now.

vargz
6th March 2007, 09:51 AM
Finally, the time to upgrade approaches...

Agreed. I've been hanging on to my G4 till Leopard or the end of FBT year so I can salary sacrifice. Now I have missed the end of FBT year, I can wait a bit longer for Leopard and won't have to take the performace hit of using CS2 on an Intel :)

iGOOSE
6th March 2007, 10:41 AM
CS2 ain't that bad on an Intel C2D iMac!

It's knowhere near as quick as running it on a PowerPC I readily admit.
But it still does the job and gives you chance to grab a coffee whilst applying filters, et al.

Saying that, I'll be investing in CS3 when it finally hits the shelves, it's way overdue if you ask me, as is Leopard...

bartron
6th March 2007, 10:50 AM
CS2 ain't that bad on an Intel C2D iMac!

It's knowhere near as quick as running it on a PowerPC I readily admit.
But it still does the job and gives you chance to grab a coffee whilst applying filters, et al.

Saying that, I'll be investing in CS3 when it finally hits the shelves, it's way overdue if you ask me, as is Leopard...

I've been running the CS3 beta since it came out and it rips cs2 to shreds...I'm also so used to the new interface the old one seems clunky.

A lot of people skip upgrade generations (i.e. cs2 people might wait until cs4) but this is really a huge leap over cs2.....not only performance on intel hardware but also the layout of the interface.

recommended to anyone

Bartron