PDA

View Full Version : iTunes/Lime wire help.

shasta
5th March 2007, 01:26 AM
So. I uploaded this movie from Limewire and it appears on iTunes in my Lime Wire Shared folder. But no where else. And it is impossible to click on drag. How do I put it in the Movie section of iTunes?

nortonjg
5th March 2007, 07:24 AM
how about change the settings i am able to download a movie and put it into itunes from limewire but i got rid of the sharefolder just let it dowload to the desktop and then put it anywhere you want

jubilantjeremy
11th March 2007, 12:58 PM
So. I uploaded this movie from Limewire and it appears on iTunes in my Lime Wire Shared folder. But no where else. And it is impossible to click on drag. How do I put it in the Movie section of iTunes?

This is because limewire has this feature called itunes library sharing which is just another implementation of the daap:// protocol. What this means is that other network users using iTunes can browse your limewire downloaded files over the network, while you (the person sharing the limewire files) need not have itunes installed.

Put another way, it means that basically you're connected to your limewire downloads as if it were another computer's shared library - so you get the associated restrictions (can't copy, etc).
The way to get around this is to go to your limewire downloads folder and copy that file to your itunes library, either by dropping it directly into itunes or by moving it somewhere else (~/movies/) and then dropping it in.

I can't tell you where limewire is putting the content it downloads, but you'll be able to see by having at the limewire preferences. I've never used limewire on mac but it'll probably be somewhere in your Home folder.

You should ultimately drop limewire though, because (the PC version at least) is known as a dodgy and slow piece of crap that 'phones home'. Java has a pretty piss poor implementation on mac IMO too. Try Acquisition or Transmission?

- Jeremy

warren21
11th March 2007, 02:06 PM
Does Aquisition download files faster than LimeWire? Is Aquisition worth the money?

grfxninja
11th March 2007, 03:27 PM
Does Aquisition download files faster than LimeWire?
Not too sure here...

Is Aquisition worth the money?
I feel that it is. Since I bought it about 2yrs ago, there has been no charge for updates, and it has been rock solid in everything it does

Aa
11th March 2007, 03:46 PM
I'm testing out X-Torrent and have to say it's been easier, less painful and uses less of a footprint than anything else i've tried in the past (which have always ultimately ended in tears. Well.. trashing the app anyway.)

Limewire is a resource hogging, machine takerovering pig of an app IMHO.