PDA

View Full Version : iPod as organiser?

en.elle
28th December 2004, 10:54 AM
Hey guys and girls,

Just wondering does anyone actually use the iPod as an organiser? ie Calender, address book etc?

If so, are there any good third party apps?

My phone is not adequate as an organiser so I was thinking whether or not I should start using my pda again, but I really don't like carrying around too many things.

:)

decryption
28th December 2004, 11:09 AM
If you use iCal, the iPod has a Calendar on it. So the iPod can sync with your iCal, but you can't edit the Calendar from your iPod.
Same goes with the Address Book. The iPod has one, and can be fully synced with iSync, but you can't edit it from your iPod.

internet
28th December 2004, 11:24 AM
if you really need to, you can sync the calendar and contacts with microsoft outlook..
i use this at work.. i can't quite remember the came of the program though.. google for it.

jobe
28th December 2004, 11:31 AM
I sometimes put my "to do" notes onto my ipod.

Quamen
28th December 2004, 11:52 AM
I don't use it purely because of the fact that the iPod is useless as a calendar/address book. For the reasons mentioned by decryption. Not being able to edit the entries makes them hardly wort having. Only real use is for backing up your data in case your computer carks it.

kit
28th December 2004, 12:28 PM
I use the iPod organiser functions all the time!

It's so useful for me to have addresses and phone numbers with me all the time, but even moreso, it's useful to have my Uni timetable with me, as well as the timetables of all my friends, so I know where I am supposed to be at any particular time, and whether my friends are free or in class.

I'm a heavy iCal user though, so perhaps I get more use out of it than most.

CarbonRods
28th December 2004, 12:32 PM
Originally posted by en.elle@Dec 28 2004, 10:54 AM
Hey guys and girls,

Just wondering does anyone actually use the iPod as an organiser? ie Calender, address book etc?
I do

My iPod syncs automatically when I connect it to my machine without any effort on my part, and I occasionally use it to look up an email address, phone number or appointment.

en.elle
28th December 2004, 04:18 PM
yeah I use iCal and address book qute a lot so I iSync it with my iPod when i can be bothered.

Too bad we can't enter any data straight into the iPod.. thats why I was considering using my pda again. On the other hand I only have 2 pockets and way to many things to carry.

I think I'll stick to the iPod :) And no... i don't think I'm going to entertain myself with the games that come with the iPod... :huh: