PDA

View Full Version : Work Placement

pipsqeek
7th March 2004, 04:18 PM
Hi Guys and Gals,

I write in regards to news I just got from TAFE a while back that next semester the Network Engineering Diploma Students will be taking part in a Work Placement project, this includes me.

We have no details on time frame, when, where, what as such...but from what I gather, we will be required to go out into the workforce for an estimated period of 10-12 weeks...for free, and take part in the every day lives of network admins and IT directors etc...Also from what I gather, we will more than likely be required to document a campany's network setup completely. I guess this will benefit both me and the company as you will end up with a well documented network and I will end up with a great experience and hopefully a good grade.

This is not till atleast after June this year. I do not have any other details but will know more after Monday.

I am in Sydney. I have approached many companies regarding this and most of them have declined. One company told me to email them. I did, but its been two weeks waiting for a reply. When I contacted them again, they had no idea what I was talking about...real professonal.

So, if you work for a company that has a network of whatever size. Please let me know if they can support a program like this by contacting me through the forum.

Thanks,
Steve

P.S. I'm 25 year old, extensive experience in computers of all OSes. Organised LAN parties in the past. Currently studying in my 2nd year as a Network Engineer with Diploma at Loftus TAFE NSW. This is the 3rd stage of the course and the work placement program is part of the 4th and final stage.