PDA

View Full Version : Os X Wont Boot

xneverxdiex
23rd February 2007, 10:06 AM
okay so ive been messing around with boot camp, tried to install a version of linux, called BackTrack it opened on live cd. i had a look at it, then went to reboot to go back to OS X. It then immediately went back to BackTrack. So i ejected the cd, and reboot again. This time it tried to boot, heard the normal apple chime, but didnt see the apple logo, and it went to a command screen saying "os x no bootable device -- instert boot disk an try again". i tried inserting the OS X disc, but still same problem. Now i cant even eject the OS X disc. In other words im real stuck. Ive tried safe mode, single user etc. nothing seems to work. im pretty much illiterate in mac, but i googled and cant seem to find any help.

Disko
23rd February 2007, 10:10 AM
try holding the option key on boot. Does anything useful show up after that?

xneverxdiex
23rd February 2007, 10:12 AM
hahah Disko, your a legend.. cheers, i guess it was just trying to boot from cd the whole time.. weird. thanks alot man.. not sure if ill try to install that OS again.. hahah cheers

Disko
23rd February 2007, 10:14 AM
Yay. :)

xneverxdiex
23rd February 2007, 10:16 AM
now, how would i go about deleteing the partition i made in bootcamp? is there a good app that handles partitions in mac? i used to use partition magic on PC, and that seemed to work quite well

cgollner
23rd February 2007, 10:25 AM
Once you finished doing your partitioning make sure you go into system prefs -> startup disk and set your MacHD as the startup disk.

Disko
23rd February 2007, 10:27 AM
Use bootcamp to remove a bootcamp partition...

Nothing else, or you'll screw your HDD.

natakim
23rd February 2007, 10:27 AM
edit. disko has faster fingers than me:D

ClockWork
23rd February 2007, 10:38 AM
re-edit: everyone has faster fingers than you Natakim = )

PS: wanna buy a lamp?

(I expect this message will be deleted by another Talker who has Faster Fingers™)