PDA

View Full Version : .bin & .cue image

swoffa
18th February 2007, 02:29 PM
Hi Guys.
I read on one site that stuffit can handle .bin.cue disk images. I had a look at the stuffit website and they don't mention its support.
Can someone help with how I can use these file formats please.

dangelovich
18th February 2007, 02:34 PM
bin and cue files are generally used for CD images.
The bin file contains the CD data, the the cue file contains information about the disc, and how to use it.

You can use Toast to burn these files to disc.

bin files on their own are also MacBinary files. Stuffit can decompress these. However, if you've obtained a bin and cue file together, odds are it's a CD image - not a compressed archive.

swoffa
18th February 2007, 02:48 PM
Yep, these files are cd image files I have. I thought maybe there was a way of mounting them, then using imovie>idvd to burn the files. Can this not be done?

Malakai
18th February 2007, 02:54 PM
I use a little open source program called Burn to burn .bin and .cue files.

http://burn-osx.sourceforge.net/

Open the program choose the type of disc it is from the tabs at the top of the window, then click on the + button at the bottom of the window. Choose the .cue file and away you go.

ClockWork
18th February 2007, 04:01 PM
or... if you need something that'll open / unstuff anything, go to the ultimate decompressor:
The Unarchiver (http://wakaba.c3.cx/s/apps/unarchiver.html).

Courtesy of Currawong.

cheers,

cw

icant
18th February 2007, 04:35 PM
Some bin/cue files contain movies. In which case I drag the cue file to VLC.

cosmichobo
19th September 2007, 04:04 PM
Mmm, yes, still wondering myself how to convert a bin/cue file combo into something useful... other than just burning it straight away.

Wally
19th September 2007, 04:08 PM
rename the bin to iso. Should open up :)

Oh stuffit only expands binhex files not Cd format stuff

forgie
19th September 2007, 04:14 PM
Toast 7 can be used to mount bin/cue image files I'm pretty sure... try dropping the pair of files onto Toast and see what options you get.

cosmichobo
19th September 2007, 04:17 PM
Yes, it will mount them into MPEG files... but say you wanted to fit them on a DVD with other things... instead of using CDs...

forgie
19th September 2007, 04:23 PM
Well in that case I would mount them with Toast, then import the MPEG files with iDVD or something...

Assuming you're trying to add some video from a bin/cue image to a DVD that is...

Bart Smastard
19th September 2007, 04:49 PM
Yes, I have been trying to get multiple bin/cue files into some other video format so I can put them all on one DVD.

The only thing I found was to use VLC to stream each video to a .avi file and then burn that to DVD. The problem is the straming takes place in real time so if you have a 1 hour video in bin/cue format it will take 1 hour to create the .avi file. Very poxy.

I tried Toast but couldn't work it out. I'll give forgies method a go.

mwidjaya
19th September 2007, 05:10 PM
Google for vcdtoolsX. This will allow you to export bin/cue to mpg for further processing to avi.

If you have great difficulty finding it, provide email address for me to send it to. It is only 1.2MB in size.

decryption
19th September 2007, 05:11 PM
Use Burn (mentioned earlier) to burn the images to a DVD/CD. Then use MacTheRipper and/or Handbrake to get the movie into a compressed format.