PDA

View Full Version : OEM copy of vista with MacBook

stephenwww
13th February 2007, 12:07 PM
Hi,
I'm wondering if anyone knows if it is possible to buy an OEM copy of vista when you buy a Mac book?
I realise that Microsoft products are not very popular on this site, but unfortunately some of us run software that is unlikely to ever work on OSX....

Anyway, if anyone has tried to buy it as an OEM copy with a mac, i would be interested to know what the outcome was?

Thanks,

Disko
13th February 2007, 12:10 PM
Sure is. Buy it through a reseller. I know of a couple who've sold OEM XP with a mac. :)

hawker
13th February 2007, 12:15 PM
Hi,
I'm wondering if anyone knows if it is possible to buy an OEM copy of vista when you buy a Mac book?
I realise that Microsoft products are not very popular on this site, but unfortunately some of us run software that is unlikely to ever work on OSX....

Anyway, if anyone has tried to buy it as an OEM copy with a mac, i would be interested to know what the outcome was?

Thanks,

Resellers and computer stores sometimes have copies of OEM WIndows hanging around, because they can purchase copies when they purchase things like Hard drives etc. We've had to do this for clients in the past, who did not have legit copies of Windows etc.

benmackay@gmx.net
13th February 2007, 12:16 PM
I bought a superseded Mini from Frequency (Sydney) a few months ago and bougt a copy of XP at the same time for $140.

I had bought a MacBook and a copy of Parallels from them months before and so they were able to sell me a cheap Windows pack on this follow up visit.

The XP pack contained a free (download) upgrade to Vista when it came available. I haven't done anything with it yet as far as the upgrade is concerned. XP works perfectly on my 1st gen MacBook (moreso after recent Parallels upgrades).

Don't know if any of this helps, hope so