PDA

View Full Version : DigitalColor Meter Is Corrupted!

DarkAvenger
10th February 2007, 06:49 PM
Hi

I'm having a serious issue with the 'Digitalcolor Meter' located in Applications/Utilities. It will no longer return the correct RGB colour values for pixels on the screen except for black at 0,0,0 and white at 255,255,255, but all other colour values are way off.

How would this happen and how can i re-install this utility as Apple do not offer it as a download?

The only install discs I have are for 10.1.3 (I'm using 10.4.8). Is it possible to re-install the applications I want off the install discs without having to re-install the entire OS because then I would lose 10.4.8.

Please get back to me asap. Thanks.

cgollner
10th February 2007, 07:51 PM
You need to get hold of a program called Pacifist. Pop in the install cd and point pacific at it. Then do a search for the app. Pacifist will hopefully find it and install just that package. It has worked for me for other things. Give it a try and see how you go.

Chris

DarkAvenger
10th February 2007, 08:45 PM
Thanks

I know about Pacifist. Problem is its not free - US$20.00. Also it might not be corrupt. It could be that it does not work properly under 10.4.8 because it worked fine under 10.3.9.

cgollner
10th February 2007, 09:00 PM
I have it on my MacbookPro. I am running 10.4.8. Version is 3.4.1. Its universal and 479,356 bytes in size.

Chris

astr0b0y
10th February 2007, 09:09 PM
Try deleting its preferences.

Peter Wells
10th February 2007, 09:09 PM
pacifist is free enough! it works fine without buying it, you just have to wait twenty seconfs before using it. if you ask me that probably the fairest shareware limitation you can hope for!

Currawong
10th February 2007, 09:32 PM
I seriously doubt that the program has become corrupted. More possibly its preferences has. If programs were becoming corrupted on a machine, it would mean that the disk was about to fail, but you'd know that soon enough.

What I'm saying is, re-installing it wont make any difference.

Please try first logging in as another user and see first if it still doesn't work.