PDA

View Full Version : Neo Office- How stable is it?

myamad
9th February 2007, 10:59 PM
So, is it any good? Will I need to save my work every five minutes and get frustrated with crashes and bugs all the time?

At the moment I really only need a txt file with word count, but in the future.. who knows? And my mate is after something for uni and may want to use all the features.

andy
10th February 2007, 06:51 AM
I use NeoOffice. I find it very good, considering the price! It's sometimes a little slow, and the only time it's ground to a halt for me is complex powerpoint presentations, other than that it has done the job superbly, and I recommend it to all my friends.

It's definately worth the download, and is always being refined and updated - I'm constantly amazed that a group of enthusiasts can do write programs like this for the fun of it, and do it for free!

Why buy MS Office when you can have NeoOffice for a small donation? (althoough you can get it for free)

Save your work every 5 minutes? I have a Windows PC at work, and I have to do that anyway. Besides it's good practice to get into - takes less than 1 sec to press Apple-S! hahaha

geektechnu
10th February 2007, 08:19 AM
Very stable - a little slow when bringing up a new document window, but very usable.
Intel version runs very well on my macbook

Botox
10th February 2007, 09:49 AM
A thumbs-up here too. I use it for WP and Spreadsheet stuff mainly. Yes, it can be a little slow at times, but it's not a big deal. And I find it very stable. One other plus is the fact that it exports Spreadsheet files to HTML much nicer and cleaner that MS Excel does.

Cheers!

Repulse
10th February 2007, 11:08 AM
Another vote from me. It's quite stable and I believe it has a recovery tool if it does actually crash. The only feature that's missing for me is the ability to edit documents in 'book style', as in, two pages side by side.

myamad
13th February 2007, 02:50 PM
Thanks a lot everyone. Much appreciated. It sounds good enough for me. :)