PDA

View Full Version : Aussie Music Stores Crap?

Paxton
22nd December 2004, 12:30 PM
Taken straight from Mac Bytes:

"It is limited to PC users only. Seventy percent of the digital music players sold are iPods. They are not able to buy music, and so at the meantime the users are ripping their entire CD collections. But the final nail in the coffin is that in most cases, [online music stores] don't even have 30,000 songs to choose from. They have a crap choice and a crap system, so why wouldn’t the consumers stay away?"

The site is here (http://www.zdnet.com.au/news/business/0,39023166,39174721,00.htm)

sillydog701
22nd December 2004, 12:44 PM
We know we all want iTunes Music Store (Australia), but then, how many songs would the iTMS AU store have?

thomas
22nd December 2004, 02:01 PM
If I was clueless to the whole situation, I'd find all these articles so confusing. They all seem to say that iPods can only play music purchased from the iTunes store, and that it. Few articles seem to mention that its just an mp3 player, capable of playing any mp3 you can get a hold of.

Maybe the best solution for all these online music stores would be to provide people with what they want: MP3 files.

We don't want wma, real, or other crap formats etc

Sure AAC is great, but when i want to swap music with my friend and he doesn't have iTunes, it kind of puts a sour flavour on the whole affair...

...er...</end rant> ?

kit
22nd December 2004, 06:06 PM
Well that would just be a high-bandwidth way to get music to share.

mp3s can&#39;t have DRM.

Atomic
22nd December 2004, 07:14 PM
Originally posted by thomas@Dec 22 2004, 03:01 PM

We don&#39;t want wma, real, or other crap formats etc

Sure AAC is great, but when i want to swap music with my friend and he doesn&#39;t have iTunes, it kind of puts a sour flavour on the whole affair...

...er...</end rant> ?
Go back and read your post/thoughts on this subject and ask yourself why we dont have unprotected music downloads.... :rolleyes: