PDA

View Full Version : Firefox 2.0 Sux

Kuma
29th January 2007, 06:27 PM
Ok I just want to see if other people are having 2.0 issues...

Leo Laporte mentioned the other day on one of the million podcasts he does that he finds FF2.0 crashes all the time.

and I thought it was just me.

Thankfully it does have the restore feature...

but I find myself using Safari more and more for stability...

grrrr.....

purana
29th January 2007, 06:32 PM
I've not had any Firefox 2.0 crashes myself... not yet anyways, and I tend to use it all the time too. As my primary browser.

Aa
29th January 2007, 06:36 PM
So many addons Vs so many annoyances. Glitches i get with FF2 are:

Form fields sometimes not accepting text (except via copy paste.)

Window resizing on extended desktops leaving toolbars out of screen. (Only fix to this is to turn on mirroring and then off again so OSX takes over the window resizing.)

Ocassional crashes. (to be fair Safari tanks it more often when having trouble with PHP, or so it would seem.)

The Architect.mac
29th January 2007, 06:39 PM
i just use safari and never have any problems...

vanderlay
29th January 2007, 06:47 PM
Firefox 2 crashes daily for me, but it is usually when I have too many tabs open at once.
I always have to use Safari to post at MTAU for some reason, the Add Post window doesn't give me the message editing box whenever I use firefox.
Just hope the next release is stable.

warren21
29th January 2007, 06:51 PM
I just use Safari...... and FF when Safari is not compatible (which is very rare)

jibbon
29th January 2007, 09:18 PM
I used to get all sorts of crashes when I had a bunch of vital extensions loaded. Now I only have the TRULY vital extensions loaded, and I can have 20 odd tabs open without hassle, and use it for days without complaint. Until I unloaded the excess I was sure Firefox was buggy and bloated, but it was only me... Oh that came out wrong.

decryption
29th January 2007, 10:46 PM
It's been working flawlessly for me, even with my menagerie of extensions!

forgie
29th January 2007, 10:54 PM
Wow, some of you use Safari for stability.... I ditched Safari for Camino because of a lack of stability.

I just found CaminoSession, which gives Camino auto-session saving. Sweet as f%$#.

Camino+CaminoSession+MoreCamino+UnifyCamino is approaching browser nirvana for my usage patterns. Not quite there, but approaching.

ClockWork
29th January 2007, 11:12 PM
What's your entire setup Kuma?

eg: under what circumstances is FF2 crashing?

cw

Kuma
29th January 2007, 11:54 PM
Im running it pretty standard with a few ext.

It crashes... all the time... I almost never exceed 4-5 tabs... I must be restarting it 2x a day...

it seems to crash shortly after changing tabs...

running 24 iMac with 2gb of RAM....
other apps open are iTunes, Mail and address book...

Erwin
30th January 2007, 07:58 AM
I've never had problems with FF2 - but I only run 1 extension.

ClockWork
30th January 2007, 08:22 AM
Possibly the installation of Privoxy (http://sourceforge.net/project/showfiles.php?group_id=11118) to cut out / stabalize any annoying material that might be over confusing FireFox ?