PDA

View Full Version : iCal Dock Icon Misalign

x01_01_01@hotmail.com
23rd January 2007, 01:22 PM
Hi,

At the start of this week (I think), the dock icon for iCal has the date, not in the middle of the little white area.

I've restarted the computer and it looks fine at the start with the 17th in the right spot, but then as soon as it loads, today's date comes out wrong!

http://forums.mactalk.com.au/attachment.php?attachmentid=267&stc=1&d=1169522444

Is there anyway to fix this ?????

/Adam

uncyherb
23rd January 2007, 01:31 PM
It looks like a font problem... have you recently disabled or removed any fonts?

sunrisesister
23rd January 2007, 01:32 PM
relaunch dock, see if that does the trick

x01_01_01@hotmail.com
23rd January 2007, 03:17 PM
Well i added some new fonts around the same time this all started to happen...

But I don't think I removed or disabled any?
What font is used by the icon?

do you mean to re-launch the finder? Or is their away to re-launch the dock itself..?

sunrisesister
23rd January 2007, 03:24 PM
helvetica is the most-oft mucked up one.

uncyherb
23rd January 2007, 04:07 PM
If you've added some then that may be the culprit...

open "Font Book" (in applications) and then scroll down the list of fonts until you see ones with a . (dot) to the right of their name. These are fonts that have duplicates. Click on them, then go to the edit menu and click on "resolve duplicates". After you've done this, quit the program and restart the finder & dock (force quit via apple & option & esc... then choose relaunch finder).

See how you go.

sunrisesister
23rd January 2007, 04:10 PM
another great tool for managing fonts, and enabling/disabling, importing safely, and clearing font caches etc.. is linotype font explorer X

http://www.linotype.com/fontexplorerX

x01_01_01@hotmail.com
23rd January 2007, 05:38 PM
Thanks a lot !!!

I did was you suggested and removed duplicate fonts, and then restarted the finder.

There was about 4 different 'family' fonts that had duplicates, so I couldn't narrow it down to which one it was exactly - but i think it might have been one of the Helvetica Neue fonts...

Thanks again Uncyherb and Greenbanana

/Adam

sunrisesister
23rd January 2007, 05:40 PM
no worries :) glad you got it fixed!