PDA

View Full Version : 20gig vs. 40gig

the_cripple
19th December 2004, 10:07 AM
Now I have a problem. Going down to nextbyte tomorrow to pick up a 20 gig ipod but I've been speaking to a few friends in melbourne and they all reckon I should go for the bigger hard drive so I can transfer more stuff around.

Now my question, is the 40 gig version really that much bigger and a hassle to carry around. The specs on the website arent that much different, about 1 cm thicker and abit heavier. So would I really notice the 40gig more then a 20gig if I had it in my pocket?

Rayd
19th December 2004, 10:15 AM
i dont own a 40 gig model... but i saw one at Myer and had a play with it.... it is alot thicker visualy... and seems alot heavier.. having a 3g 15gb model... it was just a bit too big for me.

decryption
19th December 2004, 10:37 AM
I got the 20GB because the 40GB is too thick for me.
Actually go there and use the 40GB and check out how bulky it is for yourself, if you're comfortable with it, good luck! It's better value for money than the 20GB and has double the space.
Enjoy your new iPod either way :)

Byrd
19th December 2004, 11:25 AM
Depends on what you want it for ... the 40GB is too heavy if you jog or something like that. Even the 20GB poses a problem while running. But, the 40GB is good value for what it is.

If you're just walking around with it, or need a portable disk, the additional size of the 40 won't pose any problems and be very useful. If you don't need that much space or don't have that many MP3s, 20GB is more than enough (I've spent six years collecting MP3s, sorting them and deleting dud tracks, and it only comes out to 12GB now).

JB

estoyloco
19th December 2004, 11:46 AM
with the recent price drops around town, the 40Gb model is only $54 more expemsive than the 20GB for non educational price buyers. If you fit under this catagory get the 40GB!

ps; its not big at all.. its probably only big to those who own a 20GB model.
, its not 1cm thicker, its about 1/4of cm thicker

here are the stats from the page...

the_cripple
19th December 2004, 11:56 AM
I have a netmd player for running etc. The extra space would be really handy. Thanks for the replies guys/girls I'll go down tomorrow and have a play with the 40 gig and see how it is.

_xfire
19th December 2004, 08:01 PM
i was originally intent on getting a 20 but when i went to my lovely reseller they were all out of 20s. so i got the 40.