PDA

View Full Version : Sanning programs

april_candice
22nd January 2007, 12:41 PM
Hi all.

just a quickie, i have a canon scanner, and have never scanned anything on a mac. what program do i use? I have all the basics, but dont know what to use.

Thanks

april

gaehl
22nd January 2007, 12:44 PM
image capture (comes with OS X) works fine or the software that came with the canon scanner.

april_candice
22nd January 2007, 12:49 PM
Ta. but it says no decive connected, despite it being connected

gaehl
22nd January 2007, 12:57 PM
april_candice have you installed the driver for the Canon scanner? Should be on the disc that came with the scanner (If not you can get it from Canons website). Also remember to restart after installing the driver.

Granny Smith
22nd January 2007, 01:17 PM
You can "Import image" using Preview, too (under "File" menu). It's easy.

april_candice
22nd January 2007, 05:04 PM
This is turning a 5 minute job into a 5 hour job!!! GRRR!

Ok, i downloaded the driver from the net, its called secpi380x.sit. Each time i download it (i have tried 3 times) it opens word and just does nothing.

What am i doing wrong?

macdonald
22nd January 2007, 05:16 PM
Your scanner driver is a compressed file and requires Stuffit Expander for Macintosh to expand the files. StuffIt Expander is available as a free download from www.aladdinsys.com

If your mac hasn't got stuffit expander you can get it at this Link (http://www.aladdinsys.com/expander/expander_mac.html)

queraxus
22nd January 2007, 05:26 PM
You cannot beat Vue Scan. Works for nearly every scanner imaginable.

ClockWork
22nd January 2007, 05:31 PM
April,

First things first - What is the full name of your Canon Scanner ? (numbers or letters included - the FULL name)

cheers,

cw

Currawong
22nd January 2007, 05:33 PM
Looks like your computer is confused about what a .sit file is. It's a Stuffit archive (ie: a bunch of files compressed into a single one) which you can get free software to decompress. However, rather than suggesting the original software, I'm going to suggest you download The Unarchiver (http://wakaba.c3.cx/releases/mac/TheUnarchiver1.3.zip) which will, after you've installed it, allow you to double click on secpi380.sit and have it open up as intended.

Note that The Unarchiver will download from the link above as a .zip file which will open correctly and decompress into "The Unarchiver.app" which you can then double-click to run. After you've clicked all the check boxes in its settings, all kinds of archives such as your Canon one will open correctly.