PDA

View Full Version : Eeeek!!!

Granny Smith
21st January 2007, 10:28 AM
Hello,
This is a photo of a screen I was presented with when starting up my iBook this morning. is it something I should be worried about? it's running fine now ...

purana
21st January 2007, 10:38 AM
Hello,
This is a photo of a screen I was presented with when starting up my iBook this morning. is it something I should be worried about? it's running fine now ...

Doesn't look good, but I cant see anything it says as the resolution of the photo is not detailed enough.

vargz
21st January 2007, 10:40 AM
Don't worry, it's just the Blue Screen of Death ;)

mjankor
21st January 2007, 10:41 AM
Yay... Kernel Panic, on an older version of OS X.

Nothing to worry about, until it happens again. If it happens regularly then some troubleshooting may be required.

Granny Smith
21st January 2007, 09:58 PM
Yeah, sorry, could not do a hi-res pic withing the attachement file size limit.
And BTW, it's OS 10.4.8 that caused this glitch (not an "older version of OS X").
But thanks, seems I have nothing much to worry about. Yet!

ilostmypassword
21st January 2007, 09:59 PM
Yeah, sorry, could not do a hi-res pic withing the attachement file size limit.
And BTW, it's OS 10.4.8 that caused this glitch (not an "older version of OS X").
But thanks, seems I have nothing much to worry about. Yet!

Backup Backup Backup ;)

Brains
21st January 2007, 10:04 PM
Any data that is not backed up somewhere else is data you don't really want anyway.

I'm continually dumbfounded by the numbers of people who, despite being told how and why backups are good, never do them ... and then be the first clamouring for recovery tools when their drives cark it ;)

B.

downsys
21st January 2007, 10:15 PM
Yeah, we know we should always do backups, but back to the main point, what caused the iBook to have the kernel panic? Incompatible ram?

mjankor
21st January 2007, 10:18 PM
Oh ok. I thought 10.4 had a newer nice kernel panic image that asked you to reboot in several languages. I wonder why it went for the older one.

kim jong il
21st January 2007, 10:28 PM
Oh ok. I thought 10.4 had a newer nice kernel panic image that asked you to reboot in several languages. I wonder why it went for the older one.

You idiot. ;)