PDA

View Full Version : bootcamp dramas

Cam
14th January 2007, 02:13 PM
Hi guys, posting here as a last resort because this one has started to drive me slowly insane.. After partitioning my HD several times over the past year using bootcamp, it seems like it has slowly given way to corruption in the partition table. Now bootcamp doesnt see the two partitions as the right size (reporting negative figures in partition size).. I now cant repartition my HD using bootcamp.

I've tried several disk repair tactics outlined on the apple website, from good old disk utility to booting to single user mode and using fdisk, command line dutil etc. This hasnt brought me to a correct partition table, and thats why im here! :-D

I'm looking for a third party universal partitioning utility, or disk repair solution. Or maybe ideas. I dont really want to go down the isle of backing up my home directory and re-installing.

Ideas?

iPirate
14th January 2007, 04:49 PM
I guess this was inevitable, seeing as Boot Camp is still in Beta...

I hate to say it, but it would increasingly look like you have to back up your home directory...

How big is it anyway, so we can see why backing up is such an unpleasant idea?

Cam
17th January 2007, 11:50 AM
Ended up installing macos x onto a 10gb partition on a USB HD, booting to the USB HD, using Carbon Copy Cloner to Clone the HD to the USB HD, repartitioning the HD using disk utility, and restoring the USB HD to the HD.