PDA

View Full Version : Will iPod games work on the iPhone. Or will they have to make "iPhone Games"

N i C O?
12th January 2007, 08:33 PM
Now does anyone think that the games that are sold on iTunes will be able to run on the iPhone??
or will Apple have to re-design all of the games to go on a touch, wide screen machine.

Their is a posibility, but apple just didn't show us that it could at Macworld.

Nico

William
12th January 2007, 08:44 PM
I think that they will release new games, more complex, maybe even 3d games (depending on the precessor and graohics capabilties of the phone)

William

N i C O?
12th January 2007, 08:46 PM
yes, i never though of the iPhone as a hand held Game Console:p

N i C O?
12th January 2007, 08:52 PM
Acually that could be what apple makes next. iGame;) :D

Rayd
12th January 2007, 09:39 PM
i just wanna see a racing game on that! it would so SWEET! especially with the acceleromiter being used for steering :)

Brains
12th January 2007, 10:40 PM
"In an interview with the New York Times, Steve Jobs confirms reports that the recently-announced iPhone will not allow third party applications to be installed. According to Jobs, 'These are devices that need to work, and you can't do that if you load any software on them.'"

If they bother to put any games onto the iPhone, they will have to rewrite them from scratch, as the iPhone uses a radically different CPU than what is found in the iPods.

B.

gmask1
13th January 2007, 12:56 AM
I think that they'll be compatible, otherwise it creates unneccesary confusion in the iTunes store. I don't envision the games section of the store (or any other section for that matter) displaying a large 'Dear all you new iPhone users, sorry but you can't buy these neat-o games; they're not for the new technology adopters like you!' sign over the top.

chrism238
13th January 2007, 01:08 AM
If they bother to put any games onto the iPhone, they will have to rewrite them from scratch, as the iPhone uses a radically different CPU than what is found in the iPods.Repeat after me - high-level programming language.

Also, as the iPhone runs a variant of OSX, there's an opportunity for its games to be universal binaries, with the iPhone and iPods being different platforms. Will not work too well if iPods don't (currently) understand universal binaries, but they are not a revolutionary technology, and we may see iTune 8 and iPod updaters, soon, to support them.