PDA

View Full Version : help mbpro wont boot

natakim
10th January 2007, 09:38 AM
help please, i just did the updates for my partners MBPro, was running server 10.4.7 now 10.4.8. after resart the thing hangs on the grey apple screen, little cog just keeps spinning. i put in the 10.4.7 install disk and ran disk utility, the boot volume is stated as fine. what can i do, she is about to kill me:(?

natakim
10th January 2007, 10:25 AM
...permissions repair, not repair disk.. duh. :o

that did the trick.

natakim
10th January 2007, 02:03 PM
christ, darn it. now office and adobe pro won't work. tried reinstalling office, but no joy yet. any ideas.

bartron
10th January 2007, 02:24 PM
Download and re-apply the 10.4.8 patch. It includes changes to rosetta and killing the boot process may have done somethng.

When you do the reboot hold down :cmd:+V (I think that's right) to boot in verbose mode. You should then be able to see where it hangs.

Bartron

natakim
10th January 2007, 02:28 PM
ah rosetta, now that could/would explain why i'm having trouble with m$ and adobe, plus other non-universal binaries. so i gotta do it all again, bugger...

natakim
10th January 2007, 02:55 PM
thanks bartron, re-applied patch and after re-boot, and don't forget to wait for it to turn itself on and off first (this directed to all the impatient people, ie my partner, who manually turn something off rather than wait:mad:), all seems ok.

thanks again.:)