PDA

View Full Version : spell check in pages help needed

grorr76
10th January 2007, 09:26 AM
I am wanting to know. Is there anyway to change the spellcheck within pages to our australian native english as everytime I spellcheck it gives me the american spelling. any advice would be most apreciated..

Secret World
10th January 2007, 10:54 AM
Yes, there is. This is a system wide setting which applies an Australian English dictionary to all programs using the system spellcheck (Pages, Safari, Keynote, etc.). I think Microsoft Word uses its own dictionary, and the Dictionary program and widgets use an American dictionary as well.

The steps to change this are:
Open System Preferences and select the International pane.
In the Language tab, click the "Edit List..." button, and tick the check box for "Australian English". Click OK.
Australian English should now appear at the top of the Language priority list. If it doesn't, drag it to the top.When you reboot the Finder, or restart your software, it should now use the Australian English dictionary for spell-checking (and also flag US English spelling as possibly incorrect: color, realize, etc.).

grorr76
10th January 2007, 11:06 AM
cheers mate your a life saver all fixed!!

Georgina EG
10th January 2007, 11:58 AM
Secret World you've also got rid of the irritations I've had for so long!

I've changed mine to British English which is what I prefer, and it's working well. :) :) :)

Seeing wrong spelling lines come under words I knew I had spelt correctly has annoyed me since day one. I think that when the Americans indicate English they should stipulate American English.