PDA

View Full Version : An interesting competitor for the upcoming iPhone and/or TabletMac

rtc
8th January 2007, 10:48 PM
http://www.letsgodigital.org/en/11989/nokia_n800/

STK
8th January 2007, 11:15 PM
Looks sweet. Although i think there should be bottons on right hand side.

kim jong il
9th January 2007, 01:27 AM
That's actually a cool looking device. Imagine if M$ had come up with it and called it something more imaginative and realistic than "Zune". They might have had a product. :)

At $399 Euros though, it's an expensive toy.

Exocet
9th January 2007, 05:08 AM
Slight problem...ITS A NOKIA! You'll be sitting there for three minutes waiting for it to boot, and if you accidentally bump open the memory card slot your entire phone is going to freeze while it considers this interesting development. It MAY then think about allowing you to regain control...but probably not.

BAH NOKIA!

Bart Smastard
9th January 2007, 09:28 AM
Its OS is a variant of Linux. I wonder If you could run a cut down verion of OS X on it... Oh wait. Let's see what Steve has in his pocket tonight before we go down that path ;)

Bart Smastard
10th January 2007, 01:17 PM
Its OS is a variant of Linux. I wonder If you could run a cut down verion of OS X on it... Oh wait. Let's see what Steve has in his pocket tonight before we go down that path ;)

Well, it turns out Steve had a nice little phone/pda in his pocket that runs on a cutdown version of OS X :)

Edit: And makes the Nokia N800 look tacky in comparison