PDA

View Full Version : Superdrive Dealers in Sydney

nofear90
8th January 2007, 03:11 PM
Hey guys,

Just wanted to know if there were any dealer that sold superdrives, compatible with my 12 and 15 inch powerbook G4, in Sydney. Being a poor student, haha, I don't have a credit card.

What kind of prices will I be looking at and is it easy to install yourself or should I get it 'professionally' done? (BTW, the warrenty on both portables are over)

Thanks.

Ben™
8th January 2007, 04:17 PM
Hey guys,

Just wanted to know if there were any dealer that sold superdrives, compatible with my 12 and 15 inch powerbook G4, in Sydney. Being a poor student, haha, I don't have a credit card.

What kind of prices will I be looking at and is it easy to install yourself or should I get it 'professionally' done? (BTW, the warrenty on both portables are over)

Thanks.

Well I can't answer the drive questions, I can reccommend www.bopo.com.au for the solution to a credit card (as I'm a fellow poor student :P )

Soleil
9th January 2007, 07:12 AM
You should be able to get a visa debit card through your bank (I have one through a Credit Union and used to have one through St George but most offer it now.) Meaning its linked to your bank account and you can only spend what you have in our account.

Currawong
9th January 2007, 09:40 AM
There very probably aren't any dealers. There are no options in Australia at least for getting a superdrive put in an old model Mac notebook unless you buy the part from Apple at extortionate cost. Even then, it would require that the model had a superdrive option available in the first place.

If you're a poor student anyway, the best option is an external Firewire burner. There's at least one bus-powered Lacie if you want something fully portable, but it's over $300 from memory.

wanger123
9th January 2007, 11:32 AM
Just buy a pioneer dvr-k06 like I did from ebay $100.

Then see my post for making it bootable http://forums.mactalk.com.au/showthread.php?t=26188

These drives are apple-supported from 10.4.6

cheers

wanger