PDA

View Full Version : Desktop Wallpaper Resizing

gehenna
7th January 2007, 06:41 PM
Hi there,

I have a problem, or rather my girlfriend has a problem, on her Macbook. She has several photo's that are larger than the screen resolution. When she tries to create wallpaper by using these photos, she is unable to "shrink" them to fit in the center of the screen. She can stretch to fill the screen and all that, but she really wants to shrink them down so the whole image fits on the desktop as a wallpaper. do these images need to be resized in iphoto first? or is there a setting in desktop preferences to resize these images automatically when they are chosen as wallpaper?

cheers
mike

rtc
7th January 2007, 06:47 PM
IN 10.4.8 (I presume that's what she's got) there are 4 settings: "centre", "stretch to fill screen" and "fill screen" and "tile".

Play around with these and you should find what you're after.

I am guessing you are setting the desktop pic via iphoto.

You can get to the actual desktop wallpaper settings via the apple menu, then system preferences, then choose "desktop and screen saver".

A quicker way of getting there is to right-click (or control-click) on the desktop, and choose "change desktop background".

gehenna
9th January 2007, 12:48 PM
yip, have done all that and played with all that. still oversized emails do not shrink down to fit. i'll try get a screenshot and show you what i mean after work.

Cam
9th January 2007, 12:51 PM
"Stretch to fill screen" isnt what you want?

pipsqeek
9th January 2007, 12:59 PM
That might alter the aspect ratio and make the image look shite. There is the possibility that the pic is a standard 4:3ish aspect ratio, meant for regular monitors. The Macbook is wide screen.

Best thing would be to download GIMP and edit the pics down to size.

pipsqeek