PDA

View Full Version : Problems with IceTV

macrob69
1st January 2007, 11:35 AM
Hi All,

I have a G5 PowerMac and am using EyeTV 2.3.3.

I have signed up for the free 1 month of IceTV but have two probs:

1. In the preferences, while the trial account registers correctly, whenever I try to update the program guide I receive a server error - so I have no program guide.

2. When I go to asign an EPG channel to those listed in EyeTV, I have no options to select.

Help :)

antechinus55
1st January 2007, 12:07 PM
the icetv guys are very helpful. give them a ring using the support number on their webpage. I had setup issues with icetv (it was a while ago and I can't remember the details). One call and it was sorted.

macrob69
1st January 2007, 12:10 PM
I'm just impatient - the tech guys are not back until tomorrow

:)

Joz
1st January 2007, 12:11 PM
Is this helpful? www.icetv.com.au/support.php?faq_id=48 (http://www.icetv.com.au/support.php?faq_id=48)

macrob69
1st January 2007, 12:15 PM
Thanks Joz - tried it already without luck.

I'll just have to wait till tomorrow....

Woz
1st January 2007, 12:19 PM
I had the same problem and had to register for their PIMP guide online and it seems to link to your mac for the programming stuff... as well as in the chanel guide list ice tv next to the channels as the guide.

Let me know if this helps - otherwise will go back and see what else I may have played with.

Hope this helps.

H.

The Architect.mac
1st January 2007, 01:24 PM
YEes like Woz said log into PIMP and setup some channels and yor device and try again... from EyeTV and from the IceTV widget...

macrob69
1st January 2007, 01:53 PM
I've registered for PIMP (sounds a little dodgy!) - but still no luck :(

Woz
1st January 2007, 01:57 PM
What about changing the program guide from eyetv to ice tv in your channel listings? (far right column)

macrob69
1st January 2007, 02:25 PM
Lost you here - I can't see this option...

What about changing the program guide from eyetv to ice tv in your channel listings? (far right column)

Woz
1st January 2007, 02:27 PM
Its in the area where you see your channel listings, recordings etc - in the far right column of the channel you can pull down the text listed there as the guide used..

macrob69
1st January 2007, 02:32 PM
Bingo Woz!

Thank you - I think part of the problem was that when I followed earlier instructions:

"You can do this by following these steps:

1. Login to the PIMP page on the IceTV website.
This can be reached directly from :
Web Browsers http://www.icetv.com.au/pimp
Mobile Phones http://pimpmytv.com.au
2. Click on the "Options" tab.
3. In the bottom of the screen under "Devices" enter a name for you device in the box marked "Name" (e.g. Loungeroom or EyeTV).
4. Leave the recorder model as "Elgato EyeTV".
5. Click "Add".
6. The page will refresh and you will get a confirmation message at the top saying "Device Added" and there will now be a number next to device you just added (in this case it will be "ID: 0"), also a new box will appear just in case you want to add a second device (if you only have one computer running EyeTV just leave this new box blank)."

I added a device but also deleted one - I'm a tidiness freak which is where I went wrong!

Thanks for your help!

Woz
1st January 2007, 02:34 PM
Great Stuff!

Anytime mate.