PDA

View Full Version : iPod to iTunes

forno
14th December 2004, 11:30 AM
I have a playlist on my iPod mini that came from my PC(cant find it on the PC) back onto the PC from the iPod

The play list exists on the PC but the songs cant be found

Can I transfer it back to the PC somehow :(

Jmi
14th December 2004, 12:39 PM
you mean you want to download the songs from ipod to pc rite?

AFAIK, ipod has been "disabled" to allow songs transfer in that direction. I shall not probe further. Seek and you will find a way.

yinyang
14th December 2004, 12:41 PM
if you're trying to get the tunes back from iPod to computer then have a look here for some third party apps, for either mac or pc...

http://www.ipodlounge.com/downloads.php

forno
15th December 2004, 07:29 AM
Originally posted by yinyang@Dec 14 2004, 12:41 PM
if you're trying to get the tunes back from iPod to computer then have a look here for some third party apps, for either mac or pc...

http://www.ipodlounge.com/downloads.php
Thanks heaps guys, job done :D

titan44
15th December 2004, 08:50 AM
I'm after a bit of help on the opposite, i've got a win ipod that i want to copy a ebook onto from my mac, i've had a look at a few of the 3rd party ipod utils but they are geared to pull from the ipod not the other way around, any ideas?

Jmi
15th December 2004, 09:46 AM
titan44:

By default, when you plug your ipod into your mac, its mounted.
Just copy the files there. ipod is like any other external hard disks. you dun need any other utils.

Its only because apple disable the feature of getting songs from ipod (which explains the utils needed). but it doesn't stop you from reaching anything else. You wont see those songs as songs inserted and playable in ipod, have to use iTunes and that folder is not visible on Finder.

I am pretty sure mac can read fat32 alright and copy that ebook into the right format as well.

titan44
15th December 2004, 10:21 AM
Yeah it can read it ( Fat fs ) but because it's linked to another machines itunes i can't copy to it ( without breaking the link whichi don't want to do ).

Jmi
15th December 2004, 12:57 PM
Figure

Mac1 - Mac2
|
ipod

You want to copy a ebook on the ipod which is mounted on Mac1, to Mac2?

You may have to mount the ipod onto the Mac2 first.
Click on the Go menu and pull down to Connect to Server...
Put in the ip and then your username/pass. You should be able to see the available volumes (hopefully the ipod as well) to mount.

If "Mac2" is instead a windows box, I think windows sharing have to be turned on.
I am not too sure though.. so others here may correct me.