PDA

View Full Version : online or apple reseller?

mojohojo
27th November 2006, 12:06 PM
Hi again,

so now im deciding to buy the black macbook.
customised to 2gb RAM and 160GB hard-drive (because i will be using some mediocre graphics program like autocad and 3d studio max).

buying the custom-built with education discount, would you recommend buying online or from an apple reseller?
do apple resellers handle problems with macs not bought by them?

im just worried about buying online after reading about problems like dead pixels (just 1 dead pixel and i will be pissed) and blank screens that i wouldnt be able to go to a store and have them deal with apple, especially since it is a custom-built one.

purana
27th November 2006, 12:08 PM
im just worried about buying online after reading about problems like dead pixels (just 1 dead pixel and i will be pissed) and blank screens that i wouldnt be able to go to a store and have them deal with apple, especially since it is a custom-built one.

1 dead pixel is not enough to warrant a replacement, return or refund. So even if you ordered it online or not, 1 dead pixel is just not enough for anything

Goodbye
27th November 2006, 12:16 PM
Discussed only a couple of days ago in this thread: http://forums.mactalk.com.au/showthread.php?t=25293